We’re looking for experienced Platform / Infrastructure Engineers to join our team at Payoneer Merchant Services.
We’re a distributed team, hiring people to work from home - though we have a rather nice office in Munich where we hope to have occasional meetups soon!
Our team is distributed across multiple countries, but for this role we require you to live in and work from Germany or the United Kingdom.
Who we are
Payoneer Merchant Services is Payoneer's Munich-based Payment Orchestration Provider (POP) offering an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our platform guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and a reduced complexity in their payment transactions. We provide intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross provider controlling and scoring, and to help customers reduce their operating costs.
With over 100 employees from 32 countries, our Munich office is truly international in every sense of the word. With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, we bundle a unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce.
What we have
The Platform Engineering team build and maintain the Platform upon which our services run. They also support other Engineering teams using the Platform, and provide primary-responder on-call support for out of hours service incidents.
Individual cross-functional Product Engineering teams are responsible for the services they build, deploy, and run - Platform Engineering provides a place for those services to live.
As a company, we provide a range of software services - internally and externally - with React front-ends built on top of RESTful APIs provided by Java services running on Debian GNU/Linux.
Our Platform is built on Nomad on Google Cloud Platform, managed by Terraform, with Vault and Consul Connect and Envoy and more, pushed out by GoCD pipelines, with Prometheus gathering metrics and logs feeding into ELK.
We talk via Slack and Zoom, our code lives in GitHub, our tasks in Jira and our internal documentation in Confluence.
What we require from you
- Good command of spoken and written English, our chosen language of communication
- Experience building SaaS infrastructure and automations on public-cloud services in highly-available environments
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible.
Things you’ll do
- Build and operate the infrastructure upon which all of our services stand
- Collaborate with Product Engineering teams to help them build, deploy, and run, high-quality reliable and performant software
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of new technologies and platform services
- Be a part of our on-call rotation for urgent production incidents
- Learn new things and help us learn new things too
What we would like to see
These aren’t requirements, just things we think would be particularly valuable. If anything or everything here doesn’t apply to you, please don’t let that put you off applying:
If you’d like to apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter! Any questions, just get in touch.
Please do include a cover letter - just a few short sentences on how you see us working together.