About The Job
At Headway, as a Product Strategist, you'll be bringing new digital products to life - working with a small multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and other talented product people.
Working closely with our team and clients, you will be validating product ideas, finding market opportunities, designing solutions, challenging assumptions, running experiments, presenting to stakeholders, and collaborating with the full product team to make new products a reality.
You'll help make decisions on product direction and stand up for creating value for both customers and the business.
A Day in the Life
During a typical work week, our crew members enjoy a balanced assignment of 35 hours on client projects with the ability to invest the other 5 hours on a combination of individual goals and team meetings. Each quarter, we take a full week away from client work to focus on team goals and internal project initiatives. These weeks alternate between a retreat-style destination that encourages team bonding and goal setting, and a more focused week-long design and development sprint at our primary office in Wisconsin. Check out some of our team week recaps and years in review to get a feel for how much fun it is to work at Headway!
What Does Success Look Like
During your first 2-4 weeks at Headway, you’ll receive extensive on the job training and assignments. This training covers fundamentals of our core processes and workflows, our core technologies, the way we delegate tasks within a product team, customer research strategies, validation approaches, testing strategies, tips for successful client interactions, and much more.
You’ll have dedicated pairing time scheduled with various colleagues to cover different skills, and we’ll even participate in several mock client meetings so your first standup or sprint planning meeting doesn’t carry with it the weight of your first client interaction. After this training period, you’ll be successfully contributing to new feature work on a client project in the context of a team. You’ll also be participating in daily standups, sprint planning meetings, and retrospectives.
As a Product Strategist at Headway, you are responsible for executing within the Headway product strategy process with a focus on client and user needs, including:
- Collaborating with Clients, Stakeholders, Designers, and Developers to make awesome products customers love
- Working with our Head of Product Strategy & Innovation to improve Product best practices
- Owning Customer Discovery for client engagements, including: customer interviews, surfacing and capturing key insights, synthesis and affinity mapping, personas, etc.
- Defining customer segments
- Aligning with clients on product success metrics
- Prototyping solutions in collaboration with designers and tech leads
- Mapping out the customer journey & key flows
- Designing business models
- Finding bottlenecks & opportunities to improve customer experience
- Facilitating workshop sessions to help the team & stakeholders move fast
- Planning release prioritization using user story mapping focused on customer outcomes
- Managing the product backlog & roadmap
- Designing experiments around key customer behaviors
- Identifying risks to the product's success and being vocal about how we might be able to reduce the risk
- Helping the team iterate rapidly to maximize learning in fast feedback loops
- Fast Learner, Absorbs new domains quickly
- Customer Research, Customer Interviews, Empathy
- Customer Journey maps, Personas
- Problem Space vs. Solution Space
- Confidence in Presenting
- Withholds Judgement
- Systems Thinking
- Sees Patterns
- Agile Team Experience: Sprint & Release Planning, User Stories, Managed Backlog, Daily Standups
- Solution Design / Wireframes
- Prototype Feedback / Usability Testing
- Go-Getter, Takes initiative, Ownership mentality
- Organized, Disciplined
- Continuous Learner
- Humble, Seeking Personal Growth
- Team Player & Collaborative
- Ready to go with Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Group Facilitation / Workshops
- Stakeholder Management / Account Management
- Lean Startup Experience
- Risk Based Prioritization
- Running Experiments
- Startup Experience
- Sales Experience
- Value Proposition Design
- Marketing Tech
- Jobs to be Done
- Market Sizing
- Competitive Analysis
- Usability Testing
- Unit Economics
- P&L / Revenue Models
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Data Transformation / SQL
- Software development background
- Experience in Autonomous Teams
This position is open to qualified candidates within the United States.