Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
$$115– $160k • 0.0% – 0.1%
This posting is for the role of Front End Developer at Cake. You'll join our small team of developers and help us build the next iteration of our web application.
Our platform is built using technologies including HTML, CSS, React, .NET 5, SQL, and Azure. We're a close-knit team that works remote but stays in touch throughout the day via Teams.
*YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR*
- Implementing provided layout and designs in HTML, CSS (SCSS) and JS (React).
- Solid understanding of React architecture and best practices – hooks, context, Redux, functional components
- Creating and maintaining reusable React components that we use to build our platform. Writing readable and efficient React and ES6 JS code
- Experience with package bundlers and build tools such as Webpack, Gulp, Vite, etc
- Experience in UI/UX design is helpful as you may occasionally be asked to make on-the-fly decisions that reflect the needs of the personas we build for.
- Creating highly performant and responsive webpages. We have a growing mobile audience and experience in responsive web design is a must.
- Understanding of accessibility and 508 compliance workflow and principles
- Communicating with your team throughout the day and help your teammates out as needed. We use chat and video conferencing to communicate.
- Work closely with our Product Team to provide solutions and estimates. We work in an Agile way and report on progress weekly.
- 5+ years of professional CSS and JS development experience, ideally working on high-traffic websites and/or applications.
- The ability to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision, you're an independent self-starter
- You are flexible and easily adapt to new challenges. We're at a stage where we frequently launch experiments, so what you’ll be working on may change from week to week.
- Experience working in early-stage, venture-backed startups
- An interest in working in healthcare or the end-of-life care space. While we don’t believe in filling your day with meetings, we value the voice of each person on our team and developers will be expected to participate in some ideation and planning.
*NICE TO HAVE*
- Styled components
- CSS frameworks, e.g. – bootstrap, foundation, tailwind
- SSR w/React
- Backend language like C#
- Testing experience
- Work from home
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays and open vacation policy. We know that life happens, and we encourage you to take the time you need for it.
Please apply via the link provided or through our website: joincake.com/careers
Please note, at this time we are only able to hire within the USA, and cannot offer visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.