Ellipsis is the marketing agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers nearly half of all websites, and we serve the WordPress product and service ecosystem.
Our flagship service is Content Growth
, our best-in-class done-for-you SEO Content service. We produce ~50 pieces of content per month for clients. All our content aims to achieve a top ranking in Google.
As our new Content Writer, you'll work on creating content for Content Growth clients. You'll work across a range of clients, products, and industries to write world-class content.
How you'll work
You’ll work with our content team to create engaging content that supports our clients’ conversion goals. Most of our content is SEO-driven. We’ll provide you with outlines, and need you to turn them into great blog content.
We produce 5* content. We will always go the extra mile to create content that's insightful, helpful, and genuinely answers questions for the reader.
The majority of our content work is about WordPress, WooCommerce, and other SaaS topics and we're expecting candidates to share examples of content in these categories. Experience writing WordPress tutorials is a bonus.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work. You’ll communicate with the team through Basecamp, our project management software, and Google Meet. We're located in Europe and require 2 hours overlap with GMT each day.
You'll be a part of our content team who will provide you with editorial support, training and detailed content outlines. You’ll then have “deep work” time to create these articles, to deliver either to Google Docs or straight onto our clients' WordPress. Published posts will be either bylined or ghostwritten on behalf of the client. You’ll have opportunities to be involved across the content process, but your primary work will be writing and you’ll need to be happy writing content at a volume of four posts per week.
The content we produce is typically a mix of:
- WordPress and WooCommerce plugin tutorials (developer or non-developer level)
- Editorial content and/or case studies
- Listicles such as top 10 WordPress plugin lists
- SEO-focused edits to existing content
Requirements: hard skills
- 2-4 years writing and editing experience, either on a team or freelance
- Excellent writing, grammar, and attention to detail
- Working SEO knowledge
- Bonus if you have knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce (NB we can train for this)
Requirements: soft skills
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily.
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with members of the team on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience.
- £28-32k/year salary, depending on experience
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~1 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2023
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least three interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
Applications are open until midnight Monday, 28th November 2022. We look forward to receiving your application!
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you!
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed!