Day in the Life Of the Remote Worker: Catherine Richardson
Day in the Life of a Remote Worker
This spotlight illustrates how each remote worker finds freedom and productivity in their everyday life, in their unique way. Want to be featured? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Catherine Richardson
Current Job: Marketing Automation Specialist
Current Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Current Computer: Macbook Air
Current mobile devices: Google Pixel 2
What does your typical workday look like?
- 7-8:00 am - Wake up, make coffee or chai tea and sometimes chai tea while waiting for coffee if I need an extra caffeine boost. Make breakfast and then eat while reading emails and doing a bit of house cleaning.
- 8-9:00 am - Check my post-it note board for tasks I have to get done for the day and listen to a podcast or wnyc radio!
- 9-11 am - One of my favorite times to write content or do some professional development! Recently, I got the opportunity to work on a platform that I’ve dreamt of working on since I started down this marketing automation career path. So this time block, lately, has been extra amazing 🙂
- 11-2 pm - This is usually when I have most of my Zoom meetings. I’ll use the time in-between to curate content for next sends, review previous email sends, workflows or check contact database and list health.
- 2- 3pm - Lunch time! I’m Board Chair of a local charity so following lunch I have a check-in with our Executive Director. We have a working board so we meet regularly!
- 3-7 pm - It’s back to work on all things marketing automation while living on slack.
- 7-9pm- Make and eat dinner with my boyfriend. Then do a bit more work and catch up on emails, or run to a board meeting or event.
- 9-11:30pm - My boyfriend and I have been rewatching King of the Hill, it’s just as good now as it was then, so some nights we’ll watch that. Otherwise it’s fixing up my post-it note board for the next day, video chatting or hanging out with friends or family, or relaxing in a hot bubble bath 🙂
Describe your workspace setup:
I have a standup desk that overlooks the downstairs and also out onto the Halifax harbour. It has all my essentials, including: three sizes of post it notes, a few plants, a notebook, and sometimes a crossword puzzle 😊
What do you listen to while you work?
I love listening to Anjunadeep Dj’s! They are in the deep house genre and have these amazing mixes ranging from 1 - 5 hours which, are great for getting in the zone and getting work done!
Aside from your phone and computer, name a gadget you can’t live without in your workspace:
My wireless headphones. They’re great for taking calls, listening to podcasts and music and help me feel more focused, I’ve caught myself, on occasion, wearing them sometimes and not even listening to music 😂
← Back to Blog