New Orleans, LA
Jobs posted: 1
The best days at Online Optimism are when we get another team member just as excited to come to work as we are. At our agency, each day is an opportunity for growth—for our company, our clients, and ourselves.
Online Optimism is a leading digital marketing agency. We’re dedicated to helping businesses in New Orleans, throughout the Gulf Coast, and around the country grow through effective, measured campaigns. At Online Optimism, we bring smart, 21st century advertising solutions to age-old problems.
Are You Passionate? Ambitious? Exceptionally Helpful?
You Might Be an Optimist.
The best days at Online Optimism are when we get another team member just as excited to come to work as we are. At our agency, each day is an opportunity for growth—for our company, our clients, and ourselves. We believe in order to succeed, we must: hire smart, train well, and keep happy. Here’s how we do just that.
All of the Usual Good Stuff
Let’s get the typical job benefits out of the way first. Employees have:
- Annual salaries, paid weekly.
- 28 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 13 holidays, including Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and Juneteenth.
- Unlimited sick time.
- Simple IRA retirement plans with 3% employer match.
- 3 levels of Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance for employees and dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism—no matter which plan you choose.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental Insurance for you and dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism.
- Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
- 16 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave, or 8 Weeks Paid Paternity/Parental leave after your first year.
Pay Based on Work, Not Negotiation Skills
We took a good, hard look at how companies decide on compensation and came to the conclusion that pretty much all workers come to: it’s not fair. Your salary at an agency often depends on your ability to negotiate, rather than help our company grow—which can lead to significant cultural problems and wage differences between employees doing equal amounts of work.
We set out to create a better path toward fair wages. All Online Optimism staff receive an employee review every 120 days. Not only do we discuss your performance that quarter, and set goals for the next quarter, but we’ll have a frank discussion of your salary. By no means is this a perfect system, but it means a conversation about your pay is dependent on your actual work instead of your reviewer’s mood, luck, and the phase of the moon being just right.
Each quarter, we also review Online Optimism’s financials with our entire team. Your career is an investment in Online Optimism, and you should be knowledgeable in how our company is growing so you can understand where your salary is coming from.
Lack of Non-Compete
We will never get in the way of you becoming the best you. If an Optimist ever believes that there’s a better opportunity out there, we wish them the best and hope they stay in touch. Even after all this time? Always.
There’s also the little things that come with being an Optimist which add up in the long run.
- You get a half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
- We utilize only the latest, top-of-the-line iMacs, Macbook Pros, and Surface Books.
- Directors are provided with flagship Apple / Android smartphones, unlimited data, and the very important ability to leave the phone on their desk during weekends and vacations.
- Summer Fridays (4 extra half-days you get during the Summer)
- All employees are eligible for commissions on referrals.
- Staff can work either 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6 — their choice.
- We’ll cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career, or skills that you want to work on.
All of these policies are from a strong belief that our most valuable investment is in our staff.