Jobs posted: 4
Headquarters: New York, NY
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for thousands of students in our 39 partner schools in 11 states across the country.
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for thousands of students in our 39 partner schools in 11 states across the country. New Classrooms' first-of-its-kind technology draws from thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One: Math, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visit www.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
Working at New Classrooms
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, tech whizzes, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child’s potential and deep-seated interests in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a highly collaborative work environment.
New Classrooms seeks to hire diverse talent that represents different backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. We increase our collective ability to achieve our mission when we embrace the uniqueness of each member of our team.
Check out our additional benefits below. We offer all full-time employees:
- Immediate access to competitive benefits: health, dental, vision, 403b
- An annual professional development budget to support your continued professional growth
- 20 days paid days off plus holidays - - we also have a week off at the end of December and an extended break for Independence Day!
You’ll also enjoy:
- “All-in” ambitiously creative team members like Jose, Travis, Jodi, and Crystal
- A collaborative workspace with NYC skyline views
- Team gatherings like Home Week, Waffle Wednesday, and an annual Pi Day celebration (syrup and apple pies included)
- Wellness initiatives that support self-care and healthy behavior like spin classes and cooking lessons
- And various personal and professional development opportunities (ranging from conversations about stereotype threat to Personal Finance 101)
To learn more about what it's like to work for New Classrooms, visit the team page and check out our blog.