Remote within the United States
Jobs posted: 18
NationBuilder offers everyone the technology and community infrastructure to power organizations, movements, and campaigns.
As a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer at NationBuilder, you'll be part of the team responsible for the overall reliability, availability, security, and performance of our platform. You will evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies and process changes across our systems and environments to improve our service.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
What you’ll do:
- Administer and enhance our SaaS environment on AWS to meet the service level requirements of the company.
- Ensure the security, availability, performance, and manageability of the NationBuilder platform.
- Develop IaaC tooling to automate deployment, provisioning, and maintenance of all of our integrated computing environments (Production, Staging, etc)
- Develop, maintain, and enhance system monitoring, logging, and alerting to prevent system service disruptions and to minimize disruption recovery time.
- Investigate, evaluate, and introduce new technologies and services to improve the quality and efficiency of our service.
- Participate in on-call rotations to respond, troubleshoot, and rapidly recover from service disruption or degradations, in tight collaboration with colleagues in a cross-functional incident response team.
- Collaborate with colleagues from development teams to provide deployment and DevOps technologies to support new product initiatives and solutions.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a strong Growth Mindset and a can-do attitude.
- Is highly collaborative with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Takes unknowns and changes in stride and thrives in a highly dynamic, fast-moving and agile environment.
- Enjoys pairing with peers, and gives and receives well-crafted feedback.
- Has extensive operational experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, IAM, Lambda) (3+ years). Experience with public cloud environments a plus (Azure, GCP).
- Has extensive experience operating mission-critical SaaS services.
- Working expertise with provisioning, automation, and configuration management solutions (Packer, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins).
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions (DataDog, CloudWatch, Icinga)
- Have at least five years experience supporting high-volume customer facing services.
- Experience supporting and managing Docker containers from local development to production.
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis).
- Extensive Linux experience and proficiency with command line shells and tools (awk, sed, make), and networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS).
- Experience working with CDN and edge computing technologies such as Akamai, CloudFront and Cloudflare a big plus.
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages: bash, Python, Ruby.
Our platform is primarily built with Ruby on Rails with some additional Ruby services. We are leveraging React more prominently as our front-end technology. Data is stored in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase and Redis. All on a public cloud in AWS and managed with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet and Jenkins.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.