Denver, Colorado, United States
Jobs posted: 1
Accountingprose operates by the Conscious Capitalist credo:
"Conscious Capitalism is a way of thinking about capitalism and business that better reflects where we are in the human journey, the state of our world today, and the innate potential of business to make a positive impact on the world. Conscious businesses are galvanized by higher purposes that serve, align, and integrate the interests of all their major stakeholders. Their higher state of consciousness makes visible to them the interdependencies that exist across all stakeholders, allowing them to discover and harvest synergies from situations that otherwise seem replete with trade-offs. They have conscious leaders who are driven by service to the company’s purpose, all the people the business touches, and the planet we all share together. Conscious businesses have trusting, authentic, innovative and caring cultures that make working there a source of both personal growth and professional fulfillment. They endeavor to create financial, intellectual, social, cultural, emotional, spiritual, physical and ecological wealth for all their stakeholders.
Conscious businesses will help evolve our world so that billions of people can flourish, leading lives infused with passion, purpose, love and creativity; a world of freedom, harmony, prosperity, and compassion.”
We are everything that the Big 4 is not.
- We treat our team with respect, kindness, and fairness- never making our people suffer through 60 hour work weeks, tied to the desk and away from their friends and family.
- We enthusiastically encourage our employees to deepen their skills and interests outside of work and offer opportunities for advancement and growth.
- We recognize and celebrate that our employees aren't just accounting robots- they are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, and most importantly humans.
- We operate with an abundance mindset and recognize that success is not zero sum.
- We see happiness as a KPI. We value people over profits and do what’s right, no matter what. (It helps us sleep better at night).
When operating by these principles, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. Our employees have the skills that will afford them a spot at any table- but they choose a front row seat at ours.
Accountingprose is the leading small business bookkeeping and payroll service in the United States. We historically have worked with clients that own and operate gyms, salons, spas, managed IT services companies, creative agencies, SaaS companies, law firms, medical/recreational dispensaries, and therapy practices. More than the industry, we are interested in working with clients that value what we do and want to be engaged in the accounting process. In short, we do great work for great people.
Our service offering is tailored to each of our clients, but typically includes Xero account set up, account reconciliation, sales tax preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial statement preparation and analysis, and systems integration. However, our services don't stop there. We view our relationship with our clients as a partnership, and we often offer additional consulting that goes beyond the typical bookkeeper role. Our clients view us an invaluable resource who they can lean on when making challenging business decisions. We are their rock.
We lean on cloud accounting technology to manage our day-to-day work. If you have experience with the following products, you will have a leg up on the competition:
- Quickbooks Online
- Teamwork Projects
- Spotlight Reporting
Our People (aka Accounting Unicorns):
You're a good fit for Accountingprose if you are:
- Humble. There is no shame in your game. You own your successes and failures (and learn along the way).
- Endlessly curious. You ask open ended and thoughtful questions, and practice active listening.
- A problem solver. You want to thoroughly understand a problem and apply your deep industry knowledge before arriving at a solution.
- A clear, succinct, and mindful communicator who knows how to read a crowd.
- A T-Shaped person, with wide industry knowledge and a broad skill set.
- Generous. You offer your time and specialized knowledge to your peers in order to help them grow.
- Passionate. You make time for the things that make your heart sing - because in the end, work isn't everything.