ZOLL Medical is a growing, innovation-driven company that specializes in delivering medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and services in over 140 countries. Our products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest.
We are a small engineering team within Zoll that builds software to distribute, maintain and deploy life saving devices to improve outcomes for sudden cardiac arrest patients. Our platform integrates web and mobile applications with internet connected devices. We follow agile software development practices and make an effort to keep up with the changing landscape of tools and techniques in our industry. We find our work meaningful and incredibly rewarding. We're looking for a like-minded Full-Stack Developer who feels the same.
We operate like a startup, but have the financial stability and comprehensive benefits package you would expect from a larger company. - We have a remote engineering team that meets on site in Chelmsford, Massachusetts a couple of times each year. - We are a small, tight-knit team that cultivates a friendly and welcoming environment.
- Improve features in our existing software.
- Build the next version of our software.
- Apply your skills across the full stack, as needed.
- Flexibility to specialize in an area that interests you. (e.g., front-end, API, devops, mobile, etc.)
- Perform code reviews.
- Assess technical feasibility of new product features.
- Enhance productivity through automation and process improvement.
- Engage in weekly online sprint meetings.
- Share knowledge during weekly engineering standups.
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- 5+ years of professional experience building software applications
- 2+ years of professional experience with Rails
- Professional experience building APIs using Node, Ruby or other popular server technologies
- Comfortable with Git/Github
- Previous experience working on a remote engineering team
You’re a great fit if you are:
- Passionate about the craft of software development.
- Able to work independently, but also enjoy collaborating with teammates on technical challenges.
- A lifelong learner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.