I'm looking to hire a content creator for a long-term, collaborative role, working with me to grow our audience and organic traffic.
Please read below. Is it you? Know someone who'd be great for this?
What type of role is this?
This will start as a part-time contract retainer with at least a 6-month commitment. The goal is to continue long-term with potential to grow as the company grows.
Who would be a great fit?
- You're a creator.
- You're a natural writer with a unique voice.
- You're in and around the world of online business, remote work, startups, and the like.
- You're comfortable with co-hosting a podcast (Actual podcasting experience isn't necessary. A natural comfort with interviewing and chatting on mic/video is good enough for me!)
- You're a strong project manager & organizer.
- You've got technical marketing chops. SEO. Analytics. Email marketing. etc.
- You're independent (not FT employed) with availability for a steady, part-time commitment.
- You're fully remote. US-timezones preferred, but I'm open to working with anyone from anywhere.
What are we creating?
Here's the working concept (details and creative direction up for discussion!):
It's a sub-brand I'm calling "Shipped!" (by ZipMessage).
Shipped! is all about showing the work and stories of how specific projects were shipped. It will feature guests, commentary, and curated content from the world of online business, startups, digital agencies, and consultancies with a particular focus on remote teams and the work they're doing together.
Our goal is to grow our audience, subscriber-base and organic traffic by growing original content via our sub-brand Shipped!, by ZipMessage.
Specifically, what will we be producing?
Again, these plans are fluid (I want your input!). Here's how it's shaping up:
- A new podcast.
Co-hosted by you and me, but "owned" by you—production, writing, editing and publishing. Again, audio editing chops are less important. I'm more interested in you as a content creator.
- An issue-based newsletter.
Each issue will focus on a specific topic—a type of project that companies ship. Each issue will include a mix of original commentary, curated content (our own and others), that form a well-rounded issue on the current topic. You would own this newsletter, organize and curate it, write it, schedule and send it and keep improving it.
- Original articles.
We will develop our library of topical original content in the form of articles and ebooks. ZipMessage reaches a wide range of users (with several key overlaps) so we'll want to cover a wide range niche topic areas. SEO will drive a lot of this content calendar, while also finding opportunities to integrate with our Shipped! newsletter and podcast.
Please answer these questions:
- Briefly tell me about you and your favorite type of work to do.
- Give me a few links to your writing. Articles, email newsletters, Twitter threads—anything where I can read you and your words.
- Anything else you're particular proud of that you'd like to share? Your site, a podcast, design work, something you created... anything!
- Your info—Name, email, website, Twitter handle (if any).
- Any questions for me?
Please share this! Thanks 🙏