Time zones: CST (UTC -6)
- Location:Remote - Must be based in the USA and have the right to work in the USA
- Required experience: 2 years in a Customer Success role within SaaS
- Salary: $65,000-$70,000; dependent on experience. We aim to maintain salary 'bands', and salaries are internally published.
Hey there! We’re YouCanBook.me
: a bootstrapped, profitable, fully remote company with 25 team members worldwide. We are dedicated to taking the hassle out of booking meetings.
story started with a vision to build a product people love to use. And it will always be about people and how we make their lives easier, their jobs more efficient, and delight them - this could be our 20,000 customers
and over half a million free users every month or some of the 1 million people who schedule meetings using our product every month.
is powerful enough to serve Fortune 500 companies and simple enough for small shops and schools. We're proud to be named a Leader in the G2
Winter 2023 report in multiple categories incl. Online Appointment Scheduling. YouCanBook.me
has been a stable, profitable, and secure business since 2011.
We are now actively hiring for a Customer Success Manager to join our small customer and growth team, to help to look after our medium to large size customers who use the YCBM tool for sales, recruitment, customer success and many more use cases.
About the role – Drive growth by proactively helping users achieve their goals
Our number one priority in who we are looking for us someone who cares about helping customers. Someone who loves building relationships and leveraging those relationships to help drive their success. As a Product Led Growth Company, many of our customers come through our self service tool, and have time to evaluate and use the tool first. We have a mature customer support function which supports the many thousands of customers we have, but we reserve our CSMs for the accounts that have higher ACVs and are using YCBM across bigger teams.
This means your relationship starts with customers as soon as they create accounts and we can see they'll benefit from additional support from us. Ongoing, expect to be their champion and coach in how to get the best out of YCBM.
As a core member of the Customer department, you’ll become an expert in the product and work with the product and engineering teams to help uncover and fix issues which affect your customers.
We would like someone to join us who has at least 2 years experience as a CSM in a SaaS company and wants to stretch their wings in their next role. This is a chance to work with a small but experienced and senior team, with an opportunity to grow and develop alongside them.
What we'd expect you to be doing in the first three months
- We will put you through a deep dive training programme on our product - including joining the customer support agents in our help desk every day answering tickets and getting to know your way around
- We will also expect you to get to immerse yourself in Totango, the software we are currently integrating to manage larger customer accounts so we can scale our support them
- Team culture is really important - we'd expect you to make time to get to know your new colleagues and learn about their roles and how the Customer team works alongside PMs, Designers and Engineers to keep YCBM growing and customers happy
- Expect to read a lot of documentation on our internal KB (Notion) as well as getting stuck in helping on the various ongoing projects we have communicating with our customers
- By the end of the first 3 months we'd expect you to be up and running with a good working knowledge of the tool, our team, our customers, how we communicate with everyone, our priorities and how you need to put your skills to good use to make an impact. We'd expect to see a few customer 'wins' that you had driven forward, and start to see you being able to confidently own your own process and priorities each day.
What you'd expect to be doing within 12 months
- After your initial onboarding, we'd expect you to take responsibility for a 'book of business' which means getting to know and understand a subset of our customers who we are offering account managed support.
- You'll set and own targets for this group to report on expansion and retention in weekly meetings.
- You'll be addicted to Totango and how you can use that tool to automate and scale your customers' communication, track health scores, and be where your customer needs you to be.
- You'll be involved in delivering onboarding and support to new customers who fit our criteria for account management, and be an advocate for them when it comes to taking product development decisions.
- You'll work with the rest of the customer and growth team on a daily basis to co-ordinate your work and activities with the whole team, to deliver the 90 Day Rocks and targets that have been agreed at a strategic level.
- You'll be an expert on the tool - and the team member who is always the first to jump in and try and understand anything that is happening to a customer and why.
- You'll conduct regular catch ups, business reviews and calls with your larger account customers to keep in touch with them and how they use the tool.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining up-to-date documentation of their use case, feature requests, payment and legal requirements, organizational and account structure requirements, and emergency and champion contact information.
- You’ll proactively engage in renewal conversations with each of your customers, ensuring they get exactly what they need from their annual plans.
- You’ll be responsible for protecting customer data by following and enforcing our privacy and security policies.
- You’ll report your efforts to your customers in regular account review and strategy meetings at the cadence of the customer’s choosing, with at least one report per quarter.
- You’ll spot accounts ready to expand, and you’ll stay ahead of churn signals, proactively reaching out to customers to capitalize on expansion opportunities and to retain customers who may be at risk of churn.
- 2+ years experience working as a success manager at a SaaS product (You must have experience working for a software company)
- Track record of retention and satisfaction across a portfolio of high value customers
- Experience of using support / ticketing / email software such as Helpscout, Zendesk, Hubspot
- Live in the USA (no-one outside the USA will be considered)
We will be looking for the following skills and abilities:
- You can demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple priorities and goals, including managing a portfolio of customers.
- You’re comfortable with various conversations and management required throughout the entire lifecycle of a customer, from onboarding and education to expansion, support, and escalation, including internally quarterbacking issues and feature requests.
- You are observant, noticing and recording trends and insights across your customer cohort, documenting and building processes to share with your colleagues.
- You seek insights qualitatively, by listening closely and asking questions of your customers, and you also seek out answers in data, proactively wringing actionable strategies out of reports and spreadsheets.
- You consistently follow processes for tracking activity in a CRM where you habitually leave detailed documentation of your work and interactions with customers.
- You are an exceptional communicator, writing clearly, speaking directly, and possessing the maturity to take the lead in meetings involving people from multiple organizations.
- You communicate naturally over Zoom, email, phone, and pre-recorded customized videos for customers.
- You are a self-starter, innovative, and have extraordinary attention to detail.
Working at YouCanBook.me includes benefits that reflect our culture.
We're a pretty generous company, and our bottom line is not based on squeezing staff costs. Benefits include:
- 100% remote with a focus on great work-life balance
- Your equipment, home wifi, or co-working space are all covered
- 25 days of paid holidays per annum + all local bank holidays
- Once a year - Quiet Week Initiative - learn more here
- Upskilling opportunities - we are supporting your education
- Private health insurance
- Contribution to a 401k
- Fully funded leave policies for parents
- Participation in profit share after 1.5 years
- International travel/company retreats
We're keen to get you started ASAP, aiming for a start date in the week of the 9th of October.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 25th September
First Interview Round: 20th - 27th September
Final Interviews: 29th September - 2nd October
You will be asked to attach your CV and cover letter.
In your cover letter, we would like you to cover:
- The performance metrics you've achieved in your previous roles
- The size of your current customer portfolio
- How you build relationships with multiple account stakeholders
- How you manage to keep on top of multiple tasks, especially when there are pressing deadlines
- An example of a proactive engagement that led to customer retention or expansion
- A challenging situation with a customer that you turned around into a success story
We truly value candidates who demonstrate a genuine interest in joining our team. Tailoring your cover letter to our specific role will help you stand out. Unfortunately, generic cover letters and resumes might not capture our attention in the same way. Thank you for understanding!