We are a small, growing and profitable software company that is building the future of spreadsheet-driven business applications. Some of our products include YAMM
, Awesome Table
and Form Publisher
. They are used by millions of people around the world.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US, Philippines, UK, Ireland, Nigeria), highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
We’re a transparent organisation. Important metrics and numbers are communicated to all team members. Decisions are discussed collaboratively, not behind closed doors. If you value being part of the discussions on how to shape the future of the product, by giving your input, weighing in and being heard, then you might just be happy to work with us.
- Developing new features and fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Contributing to the product roadmap by evaluating the technical difficulty of a project or feature
- Proactively proposing architecture, performance and infrastructure improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Revamping the onboarding
- Working on features that will improve the deliverability of emails sent with YAMM: spam predictor, bounce checker, throttling, etc
- Making our data model evolve to be more flexible and scalable, and make the right database choice for the next stage of our growth
- Designing and implementing the API of a new billing system and pricing model
- Developing a webhooks API, and integrating fully with Zapier
- Improving performance of a specific component
- Plus a few secret projects that we don’t want to reveal publicly ;)
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature
- Fully capable of designing, owning and running entire systems (new add-on, new billing system, new api)
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments, with a particular focus on the front-end
- You can provide material feedback on the work of junior programmers
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 6+ years as a professional programmer on products, preferably SaaS products with many users.
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git, Github and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking and profiling tools
- Language: fluent in English
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Yet Another Mail Merge
- Tell us about a problem you've solved recently
- Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
Working with us requires a lot of writing/communicating, so please use your application to show off those skills.
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
- We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test.
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a Lead Engineer
- Finally, an interview with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!