Yet Another Mail Merge is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our fully remote team building interactive data applications. As a part of a growing team and a company, you will work with the product and support teams to constantly improve our user experience. You will also collaborate with others throughout our organization and technology stack to build products that are revolutionizing the way our clients achieve their business goals.
We are a small profitable software company that makes multiple SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide. All of them are at the top tier of the Google Workspace Marketplace! If you want to take a look at some of the other products we are making, you can take a look at Awesome Table
and Form Publisher
. We all have experience with both big corporations and small startups so we try to take the benefits of both with none of the downsides.
We feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound that are developed in a fully transparent environment. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We are always aiming for improving ourselves and the way we do things.
- Taking full responsibility of a product or subproducts from a software engineering perspective
- Writing technical specifications for and developing new large features, fix bugs
- Contributing to product specification by evaluating the technical difficulty of a project
- Proactively proposing architecture, performance and infrastructure improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Revamping the onboarding
- Working on features that will improve the deliverability of emails sent with YAMM: spam predictor, bounce checker, throttling, etc
- Making our data model evolve to be more flexible and scalable, and make the right database choice for the next stage of our growth
- Designing and implementing the API of a new billing system and pricing model
- Developing a webhooks API, and integrating fully with Zapier
- Improving performance of a specific component
- Plus a few secret projects that we don’t want to reveal publicly ;)
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature
- Fully capable of designing, owning and running entire systems (new add-on, new billing system, new api)
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments, with a particular focus on the front-end
- You can provide material feedback on the work of junior programmers
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 6+ years as a professional programmer on products, preferably SaaS products with many users.
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git, Github and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking and profiling tools
- Language: fluent in English, French or Italian is a big plus
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Form Publisher
- Tell us about a problem you've solved recently
- Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
Working with us requires a lot of writing/communicating, so please use your application to show off those skills.
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test. You’ll then move on to an interview with the Lead Engineer, then one with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!