Senior Software Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Must be located: U.S.A.
Visit company website
View all Xpansiv jobs
Albuquerque, NM or Remote
Xpansiv is a commodity-intelligence platform. We help the market better understand itself by revealing vital insights from existing source data to more accurately value global commodities. We’re a bridge between production systems and global markets, harnessing the information that matters to create impact-inclusive commodities. Xpansiv transforms energy-production information into Digital Feedstock™, a new, standardized format that combines data science, cryptography, and distributed-ledger technologies to securely track vital source data. For the first time, the way energy is produced and shipped will directly influence its value in the marketplace.
As we work toward a prosperous and abundant future, we strive to incorporate an inclusive, collaborative approach to transforming the commodity industry.
Xpansiv is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Backend team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on builder with a strong work ethic, significant experience and comfort working in an agile environment. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and development.
- Your main goal is to help architect, implement and maintain the backend of the Xpansiv Platform which is comprised of a complex backend microservices stack
- Translate requirements and user stories into discrete technical tasks that can be easily digestible by engineers
- Work alongside Engineering Leads in rapid-prototyping to prove out architectural designs
- Ship clean, elegant, and testable code on-time
- Building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
- Lead and mentor fellow team members
- Find and address performance bottlenecks throughout platform services
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of work experience
- Deep knowledge of a high-level programming language, preferably Scala or Java
- Comfortable writing unit tests and experienced in shipping testable, modular code
- Familiarity with modern architecture and design patterns
- Eager to compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team
- Excited to work collaboratively to make decisions through cross-functional teamwork
- Comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Experience with Scala with Spring Boot; Redis; Docker and AWS to host our infrastructure
- Experience with functional programming patterns and data structures
- Experience with messaging services like RabbitMQ, or Kafka
- Familiarity with graph databases like Amazon Neptune or Neo4j
- Working experience with Postgres
- Familiarity with performance benchmarking, troubleshooting and improvement
- Leadership skills at a startup company
- A background in cryptography, blockchain or fintech
- Contributed to the development of blockchain or cryptography projects
- You follow developments in blockchain and/or digital assets
- Experience in fintech or capital markets
- Smart, talented, and fun people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited/discretionary vacation/PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Stock options
Xpansiv provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.