X-Mode Social, Inc.
Headquarters: Reston, VA
Must be located: United States
Visit company website
View all X-Mode Social, Inc. jobs
X-Mode is looking for a full time Android developer to build out and optimize our open source SDK, and help other app publisher partners integrate our X-Mode SDK successfully. For this position, you will need to work in our Reston, VA Headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with our Lead Android Engineer to provide technical design and delivery of new social and location-based mobile applications
- Maintain and optimize SDK performance (especially related to battery life, memory, and cell data consumption)
- Troubleshoot issues with partners integrating the X-Mode SDK into their Android apps
- Interface with back-end services
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to understand needs for new apps and build to their requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- 4+ years of experience working as an Android Engineer
- At least 1 year of Back-End experience (We use AWS, Spark, Scala)
- 1+ years of experience with Kotlin
- Published and supported 1-2 apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience working with XML and UX designers to hone features and applications
- Experience with Google's Firebase and familiarity with Python
- Familiar with distributing a beta app through Crashlytics or Google Play Developer Console
- Prior experience with providing SDKs that other developers have used in their applications, especially with SDKs collecting location data
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking on-site
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.