Weekend WordPress Maintenance Engineer
Headquarters: Washington, DC
Visit company website
View all WP Buffs jobs
WP Buffs is the very best 24/7 technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We're looking to add A players to our team who are obsessed with making customers and partners happy, being a core member of an ambitious team and a creating a digital world filled with magnificent WordPress websites. If this sounds like you, read on!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make WordPress headache-free for all WP Buffs customers and partners and turn our customers, partners and the entire WordPress space into raving WP Buffs fans!
This job is for accomplished WordPress developers. You don't need to be a senior developer with 20 years of experience, but you do need to know more than just how to make basic changes from the WordPress dashboard.
- WordPress theme editing & development
- Fluent and error-free English written communication
- Caldera Forms
- Gravity Forms
- Beaver Builder
- WordPress plugin development
If you're confident in your WordPress development skills and can hold your own, you'll fit well into our already talented team!
As a Technical Buff, you are fully responsible for making sure our team achieves the following outcomes.
- Solve any customer or partner requests that require PHP, HTML, CSS, theme editing & development or basic WordPress technical knowledge.
- Ensure a first response time of less than 2 hours and resolution time of less than 24 hours for all tickets.
- Work with the team in the #tickethelp Slack channel and notes our ticketing system to find a solution for any WordPress issue so that no ticket remains unsolved within 24 hours.
- Communicate efficiently and simply with customers in fluent and error-free English written communication and resolve all tickets in 3 or fewer replies.
- Always work towards 0 tickets left in the desk and 0 tasks in projects.
- Be an active participant in the company culture by being present and communicating with the team in Slack throughout the day.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you might be a good fit on our team!
It's not just technical support skills you need to be a Buff. It's the right attitude with which you come to work with every day.
- Practice radical transparency
- Make decisions and own them
- Take customer-focused action
- Deliver exceptional results on-time
- Double check all work for completeness and correctness
- Lead by example
- Always have the backs of other Buffs
- Work full days during your shift
If you're confident you can live and breath these values, you'll be a good fit for our team!
TOOLS WE USE
You can read about all the tools we use here at WP Buffs. You may not have to be able to use all of them, but you should already know or be prepared to learn to use any tools required for your position: https://wpbuffs.com/saas-tools/
THE OTHER STUFF
If you missed our team values, more about what we look for in any new hire or more details about our company perks, check out our main hiring page: https://wpbuffs.com/hiring/
Salary for this position is completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we're happy to discuss once you've gotten further along in the application process.
"WP Buffs is not for everybody. If you're looking for a job that will let you coast, get away with being lazy and not be a team player, you wouldn't last long here. If you're ready to commit to a great team for the long-term, take the next step in your WordPress career and ditch the traditional 9-5, we're looking forward to seeing what you're made of. Booyah!"
- Joe Howard, Head Buff
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.