Instructor - Full Stack Web Developer (Java)
We call it being a life changer, but you’ll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You’ll have a hand in improving the lives of countless Woz U students by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
The Full Stack Web Instructor will be responsible for effective delivery of all course materials and curriculum for academic programs offered by Woz U, to prepare the students for the workplace. As the Full Stack Web Instructor, you will be knowledgeable of, and adhere to, all institutional educational policies and procedures. In addition, you will participate in curriculum development and revision. Prepare and deliver workshops at events to expand instructor skill set and build personal brand.
Woz U instructors have the primary responsibility of aiding our students in the achievement of their goal (i.e. to be trained and placed), and delivering a Student First experience.
- Serve as instructor for online and/or on campus programs;
- Deliver lectures, prepare classroom materials, field questions from students.
- Speak at and host workshops and events;
- Participate in creating academic videos;
- Review and edit curriculum;
- Attend local events and speaking engagements;
- Author blogs and write academic articles;
- Actively learn and expand technical knowledge;
- Actively seek to improve personal and Woz U brand.
- B.S, in Computer Science, or equivalent education;
- Demonstrable competency in teaching programming concepts;
- Prior experience in teaching, training, mentoring or authoring instructional materials;
- Strong working knowledge in Back End Frameworks such as Spring, .NET Core, Node and Express, and Rails;
- Working knowledge in Front End Frameworks such as React and Angular;
- SQL and NoSQL;
- HTML, CSS, and styling frameworks such as Bootstrap and Materialize;
- AWS, CI/CD;
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Woz U is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Woz U
In partnership with Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, Woz U specializes in transforming technology and career-based education to help get people into the workforce more quickly and affordably. Stemming from his passion to inspire the next generation of innovators Woz U’s mission is to deliver personalized technology-based learning to energize a new generation. We are committed to bring the best personal development experience to students, educators, creative professionals, and consumers around the world through our innovative curriculum, delivery platform and personalized training offerings.