is a product-centric,Rails-led technology consultancy for both vc funded start-ups and large, established companies across the US and Europe. We’re also a product incubator with our own applications and b2b SaaS platform. As long-term partners to our clients, we’ve played a critical role in their growth- both through the products we co-create and the expertise and processes we bring. Proudly remote first since 2013, we’re a close-knit team of 75, working in fast-moving, cross-functional agile pods to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business impact.
What's it like to be a Senior Rails engineer at Whitespectre?
Our senior rails developers are sharp technical experts with the ability to think like product owners- being able to advocate for code quality as a long term strategic investment while knowing when to adapt a more start-up mentality to deliver rapid business value. They drive architecture and implementation decisions, mentor other engineers, and stay up to date with the latest rails techniques and trends as part of the collective Whitespectre rails brain trust.
Whitespectre operates on a fully-modern tech stack- toolset includes Rails6/7, Postgres, Elastic, REST/GraphQL, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
The majority of our projects involve building greenfield applications and our delivery teams typically own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
You can read more about life in our engineering team in this blog post by our Rails Tech Lead, Diogo
- Competitive salaries, with payment in USD
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with proactive career management
- 20 Days PTO & 3 Charity Days annually
- Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as, South America and Asia
- Assisted Relocation package up to $5k
- Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 9 years!)
- Free English classes & educational expenses support
- Generous Employee Referral Plan
- Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
In addition to the above benefits, we foster an inclusive working environment that provides:
- Great company environment - check out Glassdoor
- Personalized onboardings
- Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
- Work with a broad range of best-in-class technologies
- Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise, share your learnings and work with different technologies and tools
- Regular brown bag learning sessions
- An emphasis on Work-life balance
This is the right position for you if want-
- The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
- The responsibility of designing new architectures and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
- To solve problems that can’t be addressed by just searching Stack Overflow
- The opportunity to go outside your core Rails expertise and strengthen skills with other technologies (e.g. Elixr, React.js or Node.js)
- An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed
- A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
The “check the box” Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in software development, 3+ years of Rails
- Experience contributing to technical decision making within a team
- Can work full-time with significant crossover with the core hours: 11am - 6pm Central European Time
- Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
Interested in applying?
- Apply by completing the form below
- Or email us with any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org