We are a French startup occurring in the field of music streaming.
WAW MUZIK was born from an idea : Africa is full of music fans and talents, but no one has yet find the sustainable model for music listening. We did it! We created an innovative model, based on micropayment and curation, that will fit the people needs as well as give artists a fair pay for their music.
Together with the leading telecommunications operator in French-speaking countries and the world leader in music production, we are about to launch our streaming music app in Ivory Coast. Thanks to the scalability of our model, we aim at becoming the leader streaming music service in West Africa in the years to come. We therefore want to surround ourselves with passionated, talentuous, engaged and dynamic men and women, who will accompany us in this challenge.
Come join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the infrastructure that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within the company in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across our products.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Ensure the growth, monitoring of our cloud servers with AWS.
- Configure everything using automation
- Have a DevOps systematic approach for: Automating frequent network / handling existing or new middleware technical stacks configuration / monitoring key system metrics of the platform
- Manage the administration and maintenance of our entire infrastructure (system, network and security).
- Push your ideas on any new projects (Cloud, virtualization, Security, etc.)
Who you are
- You graduated from an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (systems, network, security)
- You have 3 years’ experience as System Engineer (Linux and Microsoft) in a demanding production environment based on high availability and performance
- You master a few of the following network and middleware stacks that the team works with: ELK, Redis, Hadoop, Prometheus, Grafana, Kafka, Redshift
- You demonstrated ability and interest in working in an Agile environment and on configuration management technologies (Ansible / Chef / Puppet)
- You are familiar with AWS services
- You have deep understanding of network and security best practices
- You are at ease prioritising tasks
- You are a hands-on problem-solver able deal with several projects simultaneously
- Fluent English is required. French speaking will be highly appreciated.
- Experience with streaming scalability
- Familiarity with the music industry
You want to be part of that wonderful projet and face up such great challenges? It's right now! Email us with your resume @: firstname.lastname@example.org