We're looking for an experienced senior product designer to join our team. You will work closely with product and engineering in shaping the user journey of our customers by owning the design process from research, ideation, prototyping, user testing, to final production. You’ll work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering in leading design for new and improving existing functionality.
In this senior role, you must see the forest for the trees and vice versa — the big picture matters as much to us as the minutiae.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering in realizing new and improving existing features for Vanilla
- Own the design process from research, ideation, prototyping, user testing, and product
- Conduct customer interviews and user testing sessions, early in the product development cycle, to validate ideas and design solutions
- Help maintain and improve our design system, Aether
- Be an advocate for our users and design throughout the company
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer – ideally enterprise SaaS products – with a portfolio of work that demonstrates a proven track record of shipping successful product to users
- Attention to detail and an expert in typography, visual design, and HCD principles
- Ability to form clear hypotheses around design decisions and lay out a path to validate them
- Industry experience in committing to best practices around user experience, web standards, and WCAG/ADA guidelines
- Experience in implementing high-level product strategy and vision through design
- Experience in turning qualitative and quantitative research into insights
- A desire and experience in mentoring junior designers and leveling up their skills and ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience leading design discussions with cross-functional teams and customers
Please include your portfolio, resume, AND a brief cover letter of your most recent accomplishments. The first line of the letter must have the following information: "My favorite ice cream flavor is ______." This helps us filter who read the entire post – we said we needed someone who is detail-oriented, didn’t we?