Thanks for your interest in the QA Analyst position at Vaan!
A little background:
We are Vaan - a remote-first digital agency based out of NY, but with team members all over the world. We’re looking to add an experienced QA Analyst to our growing team!
We believe awesome technology powers the best brands, so we build it. Our technology becomes the foundation upon which businesses scale their operations, escalate their marketing efforts and grow their sales. Most of the time we're designing and building e-commerce engines and other times we'll be architecting custom software that enhance business operations. Regardless of what we’re making, it's always all digital.
Recent projects we’ve taken on range from designing and building a custom web application for one of the fastest growing sneaker and streetwear companies in Europe, to leading the UX design efforts for a luxury Fortune 500 company’s overhaul of all its e-commerce properties.
We’re also a certified Shopify Plus Agency Partner, and so we do a lot of work using the Shopify platform. You can see a more detailed sampling of our client work on our website.
As a QA Analyst at Vaan, you will be responsible for developing and supporting the planning, design, and execution of test plans, test scripts, and process plans for projects. The successful candidate will work across multiple projects with engineers and designers and will be reporting to project leads to help perform and validate test cases. You will be responsible for ensuring that the end product meets the minimum quality standards, is fully functional and user-friendly.
You’ll be responsible for executing the practices and processes that will help the team deliver thoroughly tested products to our clients, and work collaboratively with our project leads to devise the right testing procedure including defect ticket creation, progress tracking, and resolution before deployment.
This role, while adjacent to engineering work, will also require the candidate to pay close attention to design details, as well, as we pride ourselves on delivering pixel perfect and bug-free products.
On any given day, you might:
- Manage the Test Plans and QA Documentation for multiple projects
- Test websites and custom applications for functional, cross-browser platforms, performance and usability defects
- Communicate and document user experience interactions for the engineering team as concepted by the design team
- Track defects using relevant tools, provide defect statistics and reports
- Provide time estimates to Project Management teams and assist in project scheduling
- Assist the team with triaging and prioritizing issues
- Communicate with engineers and project leads about timeline, testing, and ticket updates
The ideal person:
- Must be able to interpret and implement QA standards and provide accurate and comprehensive feedback to colleagues
- Is comfortable recommending, implementing, and monitoring preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved
- Is able to draft quality assurance policies and procedures to establish company-wide best practices
- Has a strong interest in web development and web technologies; bonus for e-commerce technology
- Is interested in UX/UI/Interaction design
- Has awareness of Agile methodologies
- Has experience with automated testing methodologies and tools
- Is familiar with the latest web technologies
- Has excellent teamwork and communication skills in a fully remote environment; must be comfortable working asynchronously
- Cares deeply about details and takes pride in shipping well-built and defect-free products
- Has willingness to knowledge-share and contribute to the growth of the team
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced level of spoken and written English
- Bonus points if you have small agency experience
Our tech stack:
We deploy our apps as Docker containers to Heroku platform, backed up by Heroku-hosted instances of PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka, and Redis. Vercel is our platform of choice for deploying Next.js front-ends.
We avoid self-hosted approaches, e.g., Kubernetes clusters. Instead, we prefer to focus on achieving business goals, e.g., “time-to-market”, development-production parity, and excellent developer-centric experience.
We are looking to level-up our GitOps automation on GitHub by implementing Infrastructure as Code practices using Terraform and similar tools.
Other things you should know:
- This position will start out on a 3-month contract with an opportunity for a permanent offer
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We are a global agency, but written and verbal English proficiency is required
Please include your resume with your application, and a brief overview of your experience in a similar role.