Thanks for your interest in the Product Manager position at Vaan Group!
A little background:
My name is Chuong Nguyen-Thanh, a co-founder of Vaan Group - a remote-first digital agency based out of NY, but with team members all over the world. We’re looking to add an experienced Product Manager to our growing team! We believe awesome technology powers the best brands, so we build it. Our technology becomes the foundation upon which businesses scale their operations, escalate their marketing efforts and grow their sales. Most of the time we're designing and building e-commerce engines and other times we'll be architecting custom software that enhance business operations. Regardless of what we’re making, it's always all digital.
Recent projects we’ve taken on range from designing and building a custom web application for one of the fastest growing sneaker and streetwear companies in Europe, to leading the UX design efforts for this luxury Fortune 500 company’s overhaul of all its e-commerce properties. We’re also a certified Shopify Plus Agency Partner, and so we do a lot of work using the Shopify platform. You can see the full range of our client work on our website.
As a product manager at Vaan Group, you will be reporting to the Director of Product, and be a critical part of our interdisciplinary project teams working on a variety of projects at any given time. You’ll operate at the intersection of our design, project management, and technology teams, as well as client stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for the technology that drives clients’ businesses. This entails working with stakeholders to understand goals, pain points, and opportunities, and taking these insights and data to understand what features or improvements we should prioritize to maximize the client’s return on investment.
On any given day, you might:
- Help guide the product vision for a client project and facilitate discovery discussions to gather business requirements
- Collaborate with external stakeholders like partners or clients to define roadmap priorities, manage expectations, and plan rollout of features
- Be a Product Owner for a team of engineer(s), designer(s), and project manager(s) for a given project
- Work closely with our engineering team to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Work closely with our project management team to ensure that product delivery can be executed within agreed upon scope
- Work closely with our design team to ensure that proposed experiences align with business requirements while taking into account any technical opportunities and constraints
- Help internal team test and prepare product for shipping
- Build, socialize, and execute on your roadmap, consistently evaluating opportunities for improvement and growth for future phases that iterate on a product
- Conduct data analysis and work with business development to identify areas of opportunity for new and existing client engagements as part of proposed scopes of work
The ideal person:
- 4+ years in Product Management
- Experience owning and launching e-commerce products
- Deeply analytical, with experience using data to inform decisions
- A strategic mind, with the ability to contemplate a client’s business opportunities relative to competitors as you plan your roadmap
- Experience building and managing requirements from large groups of partners/stakeholders with the ability to make thoughtful trade-offs among diverse set of needs and priorities
- Proven ability to build consensus, drive decisions, and inspire action within your team as well as with stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic project management; highly organized
- Is a team player and always willing to knowledge-share and contribute to the growth of the team
- Has experience working with Shopify (bonus for experience with Headless tech stacks)
- Bonus points if you have small agency experience (up to 50 employees)
- Also bonus points if you have experience working as part of a remote team!
Other things you should know:
- This is a full-time position
- This job comes with health, vision, and dental benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Although we are accepting applications from candidates located anywhere in the world, this position will require that the candidate is able to accommodate some remote internal team and client-facing meetings in North American time zones.
Please include your resume with your application, and a brief overview of your experience working with interdisciplinary teams in an e-commerce role.