Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
- Work with a small team of top-tier developers who are designing great user experiences and building truly great products for start-up companies
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, both software and hardware
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- Ideally, Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, SW Engineering or other numerical disciplines
- Business analytical skills; ability to apply business logic to design and implement data mining techniques on large data sets.
- Knowledge of predictive and prescriptive analytics, data mining and machine learning are essential for the success of this role (Python and R preferred).
- Experience with large data sets and also with setup into production.
- Experience with Data Warehousing or analytics in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Teradata SQL, MS SQL server, and Oracle SQL experience.
- Data Visualization experience, particularly creating dashboards and executive reporting (Tableau or similar).
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Knowledge of working with self-serve analytics tools for business users, risk management methodology and factors.
- Experience in using the tools, technologies and practices needed to perform an in-depth analysis of both structured transactional data, and semi-structured or unstructured data.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast changing environment with changing priorities and changing time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret business requests and to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences.