UpCounsel is the leading online marketplace connecting small business owners directly with high-quality attorneys for a fraction of the cost of going through Big Law. We enable our community of attorneys to run independent practices without the grueling hours and stress of a large law firm.
The UpCounsel Attorney Success Manager will lead the Attorney Success function, overseeing the attorney experience from onboarding through to renewals with particular emphasis on onboarding and initial training. This role offers the opportunity to make key contributions to the ongoing design of the entire Attorney Success program. It requires someone who not only has experience working with customers in an account management role, but who is excited to roll up their sleeves in a more entrepreneurial capacity -- figuring out how we best support our attorneys to knock it out of the park. If you are currently a leader who wants to put their own stamp on building a program out or an individual contributor that is ready to apply their learnings to structuring a program, this may be a great fit for you!
What You’ll Do
- Drive retention and satisfaction among our subscribing attorneys by helping them understand what they need to do to succeed
- Act as a “Mentor/Coach” for attorneys that need help understanding their performance and how to improve it
- Oversee our Attorney Support representative and help improve Support practices and procedures that influence satisfaction and brand perception
- Assist in onboarding new attorneys, communicating best practices, and setting benchmarks that will guide their performance
- Operationalize and execute a standard set of “Health Checks” at designed times
- Design and maintain a cadence of ongoing email communications with attorneys that educate, celebrate wins, and keep attorneys engaged
- Closely collaborate with Sales to support upsells, renewals, and new product opportunities
- Work with the product team to help determine what changes would most influence attorney satisfaction
What We’re Looking for
- 2+ years experience in a customer success, relationship management, account management, or similar role
- Relish being in weeds with customers as much as building programs
- Ability to communicate effectively and inspirationally with a tough audience - attorneys!
- Self-driven, proactive, and entrepreneurial nature with a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to translate data into insights
- Comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment where we wear many hats
- Some experience in a managerial capacity preferred