Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
We are looking for remarkable Senior Software Engineers to join us! We’ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers. With our Data & Insights solutions, we impact society by enabling governments of all sizes to employ data-driven leadership.
This means a few things:
Software Engineers here work in teams of 6-10 engineers to build scalable, distributed systems for some of the most important data on the planet. We’re looking for people who are comfortable diving deep into development, learning from others, and sharing their ideas.
While most of our division’s engineering team is located in the Seattle area, this position can be done remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- Build and ship high-quality customer-facing features.
- Maintain and improve a distributed cloud platform running on AWS.
- Provide direct mentorship to junior engineers on the team.
- Collaborate with other engineers, engineering management, designers, and product owners to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
We would love to talk to you if you…
- Care about scalable, robust, well-tested code
- Consider yourself a full stack engineer, willing to work in any part of the stack required for the task. For a senior level role, we need you to have at least 4 years of experience.
- Have experience with at least one statically typed language like Scala, Elixir, Java, Go or C++
- Show a strong track record of shipping software in the face of ambiguity
- Demonstrate experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring
- Enable other engineers’ success both through your code contributions and through direct mentorship
- Share our passion for our clients’ success (no really, we mean it)
- Have experience exploring, or ideally working with, database technologies including relational databases (we use Postgres) and NoSQL stores. Bonus points for experience with technologies like Elasticsearch and AWS.
- You solve the problem, not the symptoms.
Please apply if you share our beliefs that:
- It’s healthy to laugh at yourself.
- Hard work is necessary. Smart work and long hours can be appropriate but are not a way of life.
- There are no experts, just people who are building expertise.
- Buzz words like "think-piece, charette or cross-functional synergy” have no place in an engineering team.
- You make the most progress as a team, and teams aren’t built out of people who want to shout the loudest.
- Owning a software platform is like owning any other complex system (a house, a business, insert favorite metaphor here), it requires observation and maintenance as well as new construction.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com
. To learn more about our Data & Insights solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.