View company profile & all jobs →
Full-TimeManagement and FinanceAnywhere in the World
We are looking for a technical Data Analyst with experience in business intelligence or a similar role that involves data modeling, statistical analysis and developing SQL-based data transformations using an enterprise-ready data warehouse.
The salary for this position is €58,000 annually.
You can work from anywhere in the world.
About the Team
We are a global team of 80+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally - in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
As a BI Analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our internal business analytics. You will develop and take ownership of new data models, visualisations and reports that empower your teammates to make more informed decisions.
As the second member of a growing BI Team, you will build upon our cloud data warehouse which brings together data from our production environment and third-party sources by designing efficient, well-documented data tables that serve as the "source of truth" for business reporting and insights. You will also assist in the management and development of Business Intelligence software and become an expert in our data by working closely with stakeholders from across the company to understand business needs and enable data-driven decision making
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Answering open ended questions by extracting deep insights from datasets (Why did churn spike last month? What are our best acquisition channels?)
- Writing, testing, and maintaining the SQL logic that underpins the tables in our data warehouse, which powers all business analytics and reporting at the company
- Investigating discrepancies in reports by digging into data sources and troubleshooting data pipelines
- Ensuring high quality and accurate data sets through custom data tests and alerts. Developing reporting standards and best practices to ensure key metric standardisation across the company
- Contributing to our goal of providing stakeholders self-serve analytics by writing clear documentation and working cross-functionally to ensure that data is accessible and approachable for all departments.
You will be a good fit with the Toggl BI team if you thrive in the sweet spot between business acumen and technical know-how.
In particular, we would love to hear from you if:
- You can communicate effectively with non-technical users to understand their reporting needs, and come up with the right questions to ask our engineers to understand the nitty-gritty details of our data.
- You're an SQL wizard! You're comfortable with concepts like window functions and query plans, but more importantly, you care about writing SQL which is easy to read, simple to troubleshoot and highly performant.
- You have strong instincts and judgement about the business-side implications of data analysis; You can keep up with what's going on with the business, and feel comfortable collaborating with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their data needs
- You pride yourself on clear written communication and your ability to distill complex ideas into accurate and easily understandable takeaways. You have no problem juggling multiple tasks, setting expectations, and delivering timely results
- You have experience in Business Intelligence or a similar role that involves data modeling, data analysis and developing SQL-based data transformations using an enterprise-ready data warehouse (Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift).
- In a prior role, you have become an expert in at least one business intelligence solution (Metabase, Power BI, Looker, Mode, Periscope, etc..)
- You have experience working with data modeling layers (dbt, Dataform) and data orchestration tools (dbt Cloud, Airflow, Prefect)
- You're comfortable working with the command line and familiar with software engineering best practices like development environments and version control. Experience with Google Cloud Platform a plus
- You can fluently write scripts in Python or R that manipulate, analyze, and visualize data. You have experience with predictive data modelling. Experience developing R Shiny apps is a plus
- You have experience developing KPI dashboards and working with business reporting metrics. Knowledge of the SAAS industry / subscription economics is a plus
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure of the employee)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- €4,000 contribution for training, workshops, and conferences
- Health (physical and mental) budget of 2,000€ per year
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)