ThreeFlow is growing! We are excited to hire three new engineering managers for our team of 32, reporting to the head of engineering. We are a remote first company entering a new phase of opportunity, and in order to best scale an engineering team, we’ve strategically implemented multiple manager roles to look after our growth with care.
As an engineering manager at ThreeFlow, you’ll manage a team of backend and UI engineers and partner with the head of engineering to deliver high impact features for our users. You’ll also be responsible for hiring and retaining great folks while facilitating the team’s direct impact on your product pillar, and ultimately the company’s goals.
While supporting the professional growth of your team, the head of engineering will also partner closely with you to empower your career growth. Cultivating a working environment where everyone has the same opportunity to contribute, grow, and feel valued is a key priority of the leadership team at ThreeFlow. From an inclusion standpoint, we value culture add over culture fit.
We look for prospective teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means questioning industry standards. Specifically for these roles, we seek team leaders who genuinely love hiring, mentoring, creating career paths, and supporting their teams. Technical skills are certainly helpful when running engineering teams, though not the primary focus nor priority for these roles.
(Note: we use Rails, Vue.js, PostgreSQL and AWS to develop our products)
About the role
- Empower and lead a cross-functional team to deliver quality and predictable results aligned with our business priorities
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to best set direction and guide technical strategy
- Run the recruiting process for your engineering team in order to scale ThreeFlow’s engineering org; help your team get excited about participating in the process, emphasize the importance of hiring
- Meet with your team regularly to provide consistent, clear feedback on wins and opportunities that lends itself to transparent performance reviews and career mobility
- Actively participate in company and organization wide inclusion initiatives
- 5+ years of web application development experience in an industry setting, with 2+ years directly managing engineers.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering product work using Agile methodologies; ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and ideas, and collaborate with all parts of an organization
- Ambiguity and change are opportunities, not challenges - you’ve operated successfully on cross functional teams and/or in startup environments (having lead remote teams before is a plus though not required)
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, and facilitating growth for individuals and teams is something you’ve done before and you love this part of managing
- Equity and inclusion are important to you, and are willing to use your leadership platform to perpetuate both - at ThreeFlow and in our industry
Our (FTE) benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend to improve your work from home experience
ThreeFlow's core values are the foundation of our culture and remain constant as we grow.
- Constantly push boundaries
We think beyond what might be easy or obvious when we're problem solving. We get scrappy and creative in front of hurdles.
- Collaborate enthusiastically
Our collaboration as a team is our most valuable asset. We’re able to go farther when we act together.
- Work with respect
We’re deliberate, honest, and kind with the words and actions we use. We believe people have positive intent with their actions.
- Grow together
We value developing ourselves personally and professionally to achieve our goals. We encourage taking chances and celebrate curiosity.
Annual Salary Range is $195,000 - $205,000 USD + equity for this role.