Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
We’re ThinkShout, a Portland-grown digital agency and certified B Corp
. While we’re based in Oregon, most of us work remotely from all over the country. We work primarily with nonprofits, and use technology to create positive impact locally, nationally and around the world. We take pride in the work we do, and care about the people impacted by the things we build. Our team brings exceptional web development, design, UX and strategy skills to the work we do on both new and existing sites.
We're looking for a Senior Designer to join our small, growing creative team in a time of critical growth. Your creative work and approach must be demonstrably rooted in anti-racist practices, and your experience, either lived, professional or both, should show a strong commitment to justice of all kinds.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-7 years of relevant industry experience, designing large-scale websites and engaging digital products
- A visual thinker with strong color, typographic, and UX/UI skills with a knack for design systems
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams of strategists, developers, and other designers
- A deep understanding of accessible, inclusive, and human-centered design practices with a demonstrated ability to deliver strategic design thinking in support of inspiring products and interactive experiences
- Strong communication, including presentation and written skills
- Clear understanding of industry trends and tools (Figma + Adobe)
- An agile self-starter, able to contribute to projects with varying levels of direction, and pivot gracefully as project plans shift
- The dedication and self-management skills required to work on a small, growing design team during a time of growth
Bonus Points For:
- Brand design experience
- Motion, video, interactive storytelling examples
- Experience managing and mentoring fellow designers
- Front-end development experience
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- You will build and maintain creative offerings for ThinkShout’s client work, participating in all UX and visual design stages of a project from concept to final hand-off to our development team.
- You will work within established brands and design systems and be able to expand them where needed.
- You will create, organize, and document all your designs in Figma.
- You will own and lead projects while collaborating closely with strategists, developers, and other designers to ideate, iterate, and bring innovative and intuitive solutions to the table whenever possible.
- You will work on projects of varying size and complexity, and dedicate your focus to elevating your craft no matter the size.
We welcome applications from candidates across the country. We work hard to maintain 40hr work weeks, and we support flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $75-100k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 3% 401k contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review process.
ThinkShout is made up of people with a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We recognize that our company isn’t as diverse as it should be and we’re trying to change that. If you aren’t sure whether you qualify, please apply anyway. We would much prefer to have an extra application to consider than for you to screen yourself out. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better (email@example.com
with subject line “Senior Designer- Accommodations”). We're happy to accommodate.
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions will help us learn more about you and are an integral component of the interview process.
If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 55-minute panel interview
- Round 3 is a 45-minute finalist interview
We are looking to fill this position for an August start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.