**This role is for someone living in Canada who wants to join our fast-growing engineering team but does not wish to relocate. We are looking to expand the Thinkific team beyond Vancouver to reach awesome candidates across Canada. Please only apply if you are legally able to work in Canada and are comfortable working remotely.**
Are you energized by helping your team succeed? Do you love sharing a great product and providing a fantastic customer experience? Do you know how to play matchmaker between product and customer needs? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience and team engagement—and that’s where you come in.
As a Support Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for coaching and developing a team of talented and dedicated Customer Champions. You’ll be an open-source of information for your team surrounding performance, career development, and best practices. You’ll help lead the team’s daily operations; running daily huddles and team meetings, clearing blockers, providing one-on-one mentorship, and sharing your valuable expertise to resolve challenging customer inquiries. You’ll learn our platform inside and out, working closely with cross-functional teams to improve and build upon the customer experience. At Thinkific, you’ll contribute to building and developing a collaborative, passionate and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
In this role, you will:
- Coach and manage a team of direct reports, conducting regular 1-on-1s, setting expectations, leading performance reviews and supporting career growth
- Help with day-to-day team operations, including resolving blockers, helping with challenging customer inquiries, leading team huddles and meetings, and providing updates to and from other departments
- Plan and communicate OKRs to the team, offering regular progress updates, and inspiring your team to exceed their goals
- Own the training, process planning, and implementation of strategy and tools
- Implement solutions to improve processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals
- Facilitate a high-performing work environment by continually looking for ways to improve team efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with Support Leads on creating quarterly OKRs that will drive the team forward so that we are always providing best-in-class support
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 3+ years experience in an SaaS customer support role, with at least 2+ years leading a team
- Be comfortable using Zendesk or a similar ticketing system
- Have experience supporting customers through multiple channels, mainly by email and phone
- Love helping people, and you can’t help but to go above and beyond to support a customer
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and can write a customer email or pick up the phone expressing yourself well and with clarity
- Be an independent problem solver, and have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex platform problem even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and can handle emergency situations on the fly
- Have a strong work ethic and don’t believe in the 9 to 5
- Love to rally a group around a goal, motivating and inspiring them around their impact
- Be extremely data-driven and enjoy keeping an eye on support data often from email volume to call volume, CSAT, etc.
- Believe in servant leadership and practice radical candor
- Bring new perspectives and like to get creative by finding innovative solutions to tough problems
You might be the person we are looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have worked cross-departmentally with Sales, Product, and Marketing teams and are comfortable collaborating with others
- Have worked in an organization that tracks CSAT and NPS—you understand what these metrics measure and are eager to find ways your team can positively affect them
- Have worked on a support team larger than 50 people
- Have worked primarily in a B2C facing organization
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a SaaS-based, growing startup
- Have used Slack, Asana, Google Drive, or TextExpander
- Have experience with HTML/CSS
- Have written for or helped build a Knowledge Base/ Help Center
- Have experience driving customer feedback to other teams internally
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you’ll walk into an established system where you’re supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that’s trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!