Do you have a passion for test-driven development (TDD) and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the features you help create? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer at Thinkific, you’ll work closely with the latest technologies in the market today and support the Engineering team in maintaining the highest quality of code while releasing new features. You’ll be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. Working alongside fellow Test Automation Engineers and our Engineering team, you will play a key role in ensuring Thinkific continues to deliver valuable features to our users.
In this role, you will:
- Advocate for quality of code at all times and keep the development team accountable
- Implement automation scripts to test front-end applications as well as back-end services and integrations
- Take part in all aspects of the development cycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and guilds)
- Assist the development team with building and maintaining the frameworks needed to expand test automation scope and improve our CI delivery pipeline
- Coach team members on testing tools and test techniques
- Assist in creating and implementing a QA automation roadmap
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 5 years of experience in end-to-end testing
- Have at least 3 years of experience in automating end-to-end test cases using tools like Selenium, Protractor, Cypress, etc.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Ruby on Rails and React applications, as well as their test automation needs
- Understand software development, be able to write automation scripts, and modify code for test automation
- Possess excellent hands on experience with manual testing & defect management
- Be knowledgeable in testing methodologies and concepts
- Be an out of the box thinker and excellent problem solver
- Have experience working with Git, Github, Gitlab or similar source control solutions
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have a good understanding of the Agile & Scrum methodology to deliver automated tests
- Be very comfortable with JIRA and Agile tools and processes
- Can show a good working understanding of the Cypress front-end automation testing tool
- Have the ability to use Cypress Test Runner to write automated web browser tests
- Previously worked in a start-up environment and are excited about coaching others on best practices
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
Bonus points if you:
- Have a good understanding of CI/CD Tools
- Previously set up test automation of existing production tools from scratch
- Can maintain component test plans for a multi-component application
- Participate in, guide, and lead quality assurance best practices and activities
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!