Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As Experienced Full Stack Web Developer you will build greenfield, scalable web platforms. In addition to providing input on app architecture, you will create and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients with an agile environment. You will work in small teams with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope design and implement features.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technical full stack developer with the discipline to create and finish projects. You do not shy away from exploring new languages and technical tools, acquiring the skills you need, to get a job done. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design and build scalable web services and applications using modern technologies
- Design and build highly-usable web applications and experiences using modern technologies
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the applications and infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong server-side development experience using NodeJS
- Strong frontend development experience using modern technologies (TypeScript, React, etc.)
- Strong understanding of what it takes to effectively connect backend and frontend technology
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns and development best practices
- Previous experience building scalable services
- Strong RDBMS experience (schema design, best practices, tuning and debugging)
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate, and empathize with others
- Consulting experience
- Recent experience in a high-performing agile and/or lean environment, eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, others.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
BONUS POINTS (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Experience with modern Microsoft technologies (C#, .NET, Azure)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Proficiency using 2 or more other programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Rust, or other
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- You thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- You are entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally