A little background:
TL;DR: We're looking for a person with experience with Shopify and the eCommerce SaaS/App ecosystem to help us design and engineer better solutions. The goal is for you to help designers and engineers get unblocked.
My name is Xavier Armand - a co-founder of The Vaan Group - a remote-first digital agency, headquartered in Manhattan, NY, and we’re looking to add a dedicated and Technical eCommerce Strategist to our growing team. We believe awesome technology powers the best brands. So we build it. Our technology becomes the foundation upon which businesses scale their operations, escalate their marketing efforts and grow their sales. Most of the time we're building e-commerce engines. Other times we're architecting software. Regardless of what we’re making, it's always all digital.
We're a certified Shopify Plus Agency Partner, and so we do a lot of work using the Shopify platform. You can see the full range of client work/portfolio at our website
. In addition to our service-based work, we also like to experiment with technology by building our own digital products - everything from e-commerce applications
to project management browser extensions.
We’re a realistic group, not necessarily looking for rockstars, ninjas or wizards. Our team resides (or is working from) New York City, Poland, Portugal, The Netherlands, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Norway, Serbia, Algeria, and more. We’re big on team chemistry and we take asynchronous communication pretty seriously - we also have several company meetups each year, somewhere in the world, so that we continuously grow together, as a team.
The ideal person:
- Understands the demands and expectations of a remote working culture - this one’s especially important to us!
- Is comfortable reading and digesting API docs, support docs, and engineering forums to find and discover solutions.
- Has experience with Shopify and the Shopify ecosystem. Although other eCommerce platform experience will be considered!
On any given day, you might:
- Collaborate with engineers to discuss technical strategy including infrastructure, edge cases, business requirements and user stories.
- Speak with clients to understand business requirements and translating those into design and technical requirements.
- Research the latest technical solutions to ensure we're using the latest offerings.
- Collaborate with designers to make sure designs reflect technical constraints due to the software or budget available.
- Communicate complex technical solutions in laymen’s terms to clients
- Organize and communicate with software partners via Slack, email, or video call to help devise solutions
- Work with the sales team to effectively scope projects
- Develop product roadmaps for clients
- Work with CTO and CEO (me) to develop best practices
Other things you should know:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We offer an employee profit-sharing program
Our company vision is to be a world leader in eCommerce design and product engineering.