The Speaker Lab is looking for a content promotion specialist to join our team full-time, working closely with our Content Marketing Manager to promote our organic content including blog posts, podcasts, and video content.
This role is remote and we prefer North American time zones. We operate by normal business hours, but this position is flexible and you’ll have some freedom in when and where you’ll work. It’s more important to us that you accomplish certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than needing to constantly clock in/clock out (lame).
You’ll get a base salary, but will be heavily compensated based on outcomes. Expected annual compensation (base + bonus) is between $60K-$120K, depending on experience and results.
You’ll be responsible for promoting our blog content primarily through sourcing backlinks and placing guest posts on industry sites and other blogs. You’ll also work to target and book high level guests for our podcast, and book our in-house experts on external podcasts as well. Finally, you’ll work to promote all of our content through organic social media.
This is not a copywriting role, though good writing skills is a requirement.
It’s okay if you’re not an expert at all of those things, but you should be results-oriented and excited to run and own multiple different marketing projects to assist in accomplishing marketing goals.
Success in this role will be primarily measured by your ability to assist the Content Marketing Manager in increasing our overall audience, ensuring our content is seen by our target avatars, and ultimately growing our overall organic lead generation efforts.
Bonuses will be based on backlinks placed, podcast guests + external podcasts booked, and social impressions and engagements generated.
Here's what will make you a strong candidate:
- Experience with SEO/backlinks: You know your way around Ahrefs or SEMRush. You know terms like "domain rating" and "dofollow" — and you obsess over where our content ranks on Google.
- Strong writing skills: You can write a persuasive email to get that guest booked or backlink placed, and have fun doing it.
- Persuasive: Much of your job will involve convincing people to work with us, so we’re looking for someone who can effectively “sell” our content to others.
- Data-Driven. We expect your work to tie directly to revenue. You will live and die by the marketing data for all of your marketing projects.
- Hungry and Curious: You follow the industry leading blogs (hubspot, demandcurve, reforge, etc.) and are always looking for ways to level up in your skill set. We expect you to be a “T-shaped” marketer with a few years of marketing experience under your belt, but If you lack formal marketing experience and are selected for the second round of the application process, you will have the chance to demonstrate your commitment to hunger and curiosity through a paid work sample.
- Adaptable risk-taker. Things change rapidly, so we need you to be adaptable to change. We’re experiencing unparalleled growth as an organization and you will need to take risks in order to help us achieve our next level of growth. You must be able to “fail fast” without being demoralized.
- Self-driven. We promise to do our best to give you all the help you’ll need to be successful. Once you have the basic information and systems, we expect you to sprint. You must be a high-energy go-getter with a "can do" attitude who can collaborate with colleagues.
- A figure-it-out attitude. Even if you’ve never used a specific tool before, you know how to use google, teach yourself, and figure it out. Generally, others would describe you as “technologically savvy” and quick to learn new concepts.
- Coachable. You proactively seek out coaching from high-performing peers and crave honest feedback from your manager. Getting real-time feedback is best, but you can also build out a list of all the questions or challenges you faced in a given week and debrief with your manager during a scheduled one-on-one.