Are you crazy about customers? Silly about support? We're looking for a customer support hero to help make our Alitu podcasting users ecstatic! Alitu is our podcast maker app on the web, and our users are podcast creators. They look for help at every level, from "How do I start a podcast...?" to "How does this editing tool work?" We need you to help make them happy, and get their voice out into the world.
What do We Do?
As a company, our area of work is podcasting: helping others to launch, grow and monetise their own show. We publish a tonne of 'how to podcast' content through our blog
, our podcast
and our video channel
. And we run Alitu
, our Podcast Maker App, to help anyone to create a show in the easiest way possible.
What will You Do?
We're looking for someone to help support our amazing community of podcast creators on Alitu.com. They create their podcasts every week using Alitu's recording, editing and publishing tools. It'll be your job to help them with any questions, concerns or trouble they have in doing that.
We're looking for someone who's a wizard with our users in text chat, providing answers that are awe-inspirising in their simplicity, and quickly to boot. You'll be great at making people happy, even when they start out mad. You'll be a whizz with a problem, able to figure out what's going wrong, or what the misunderstanding is. And you'll be confident in front of the (web!)camera since you'll be contributing to our growing knowledge base with tutorial videos and written help, to match the questions that are coming in.
At the core of it, you'll understand our customer's frustrations when they think something's gone wrong, and you'll help them with patience and empathy. You're there to give them a great experience, and represent the Alitu brand in the best way possible.
In this role you'll work closely with the Success and Marketing teams to help create amazing customer experiences throughout Alitu. One of your best metrics will be retention: how long do users stay with us?
There's plenty of room to grow. We're a small, but expanding team and we love to give opportunities to great people.
- Experience in an online customer service role
- The ability to write detailed bug reports based on user reports
- Empathy, patience and understanding for customers
- Willingness to get on camera and record software tutorials or demos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self management and time management skills
- Fluent english speaker
- You're a podcaster, or a fanatical listener at the least
- You're an Alitu user!
- Video and audio editing experience
- Experience doing support in a web app or software environment (high growth too?)
- Writing with personality (blogger? Scriptwriter? Comedian...?)
- You speak Spanish or Portuguese
- You're a tools fanatic - you love learning new tech and get a kick out of teaching it
- Previous experience in working remotely
How it works
- Salary - $32,500 - $36,000 pro-rata, depending on experience.
- Hours - From 14 to 18 hours weekly
- Schedule - 14:00 - 18:00 EST on any days Mon-Fri
- Location - Remote, East Coast US hours
- Benefits - The usual basics, and growing as we do: holiday pay (4 weeks per year), pensions, staff parties, etc. We're still small, so we can't quite compete with huge open offices and tonnes of freebies, but we make up for that in flexibility, work balance, a close-knit team, and your ability to really make a difference in an early stage, growing company with a loyal fanbase.
- Development – We'll pay for courses, equipment, and conference attendance to help your development.