Who are we? The Otaku Box is an anime monthly subscription box, offering an ecchi option. We are looking for a Marketing Manger who want’s to grow with us and is results-driven. This position pays a base of $60,000 USD/yr, with the potential to earn up to $150,000 in a 12 month period by meeting growth, KPIs and potentially more for exceeding growth KPIs.
The role: The Otaku Box Marketing Manager is responsible for ideating, executing, measuring, optimizing, and reporting on all marketing initiatives. The Marketing Manager will work directly with the owner to set KPIs and then execute and lead their team to meeting/exceeding those KPIs’s. This includes but is not limited to Email, SMS, Social Media, Content, Video, Messenger, PPC, display, print, E-commerce shop(s), website, landing pages, copy, and imagery. The Marketing Manager will work with the owner to make recommendations for budget allocation for all marketing efforts. The Marketing Manager is eligible to meet with the owner as needed, on up to a daily basis, for mentoring, guidance, and high level strategy and planning. However, the Marketing Manager must be virtually autonomous when it comes to team management and all execution, as well as meeting/exceeding KPIs.
- Be a Manager of (at least) One (see the application link below)
- Have 3+ years of demonstrable E-commerce team lead experience
- Have 3+ years of demonstrable experience setting, meeting and/or exceeding growth targets
- Have 5+ years experience in a marketing role of some kind
- Have extensive experience with automation (including but not limited to Zapier, Drip [or similar], and automation on Shopify) and have an ‘let’s automate it’ approach to work/workflows
- Be an excellent copywriter
- Be able to take initiative
- Have experience with platforms such as subbly/shopify
- Have outstanding attention to detail, nothing should get by you
- Be willing to take the lead on execution
- Be able to create efficient workflow processes and detailed SOPs
- Be able to follow the Four Work Principles listed below
You’ll be leading a team consisting of but not limited to:
- PPC Specialist
- Front End Devs
- Ambassador managers
- and more
Perks & Benefits
: $50,000-60,000/yr base with the potential to 2.5x that in your first 12 months by meeting/exceeding growth goals
If you need something, buy it. Just make sure you need it and will use it for work. Examples include computers (and similar devices, such as an iPad Pro), an office chair or air filter, or fixing the hole in the wall. Just keep it within reason and for work, please!
👩💻 Coworking Space: Don’t want to work alone? You don’t have to. Use your plastic to cover the cost of a coworking spot of up to $200/month.
😵💫 Mental Health: There are very few things as important as your peace. “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”
-Philippians 4:7. You can use your plastic to cover a faithfulcounseling.com
membership, or an alternative mental health service/therapist at the same rate. We highly encourage you to make use of this!
💪 Gym Membership and/or Equipment: Physical health is important. Use your plastic to get yourself a gym membership, personal trainer, and/or equipment to the tune of $200/month. Anything that gets you active counts, whether it’s skates, a racquet club, a rock gym, etc.
🤯 Continuing Education: Want to take a course, get a certification, buy a book, or attend a conference? Make a post about it and pitch it. If you state your case well, it’s likely to be approved.
🙏 Giving: you’re giving your time to a humanitarian or witnessing cause, you may take a paid day off each month to do so. If you’re giving of your money to such a cause, let’s discuss matching that donation.
The Four Work Principles
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” -Ephesians 2:10
When presented with any work, task or process, your first thought or action shouldn’t be simply to do it. Instead, you should mentally walk through this hierarchy, in descending order of importance:
- Eliminate:this means simply stop doing it. Typically requires a fundamental change
- Automate: You aren’t on The Otaku Box team to do tasks that can (and therefore should) be automated. You’re an expert in your field, which means you should also know what parts can be automated (and by what tools) and what parts can’t. You also must remain up-to-date on the current events, processes, systems, and advancements in your field so that you can implement any automation that becomes available
- Outsource/assign to gig workers: whether you choose to outsource an aspect of work
- Do: if the work you’re about to do has withstood the test of the following above three principles, then you can do it. However, not following or improper implementation of the above principles will result in a workload that steadily increases over time as the company grows, until you’re unable to complete all of your required work in a 40-hour week. Since working more than 40 hours in a week is a policy violation, you must effectively use the first three principles to ensure your workload doesn’t surpass your time constraints.