The Modern Firm is hiring an Online Marketing Account Manager to help our law firm clients generate leads through local, organic, and paid search traffic. The person in this role will serve as the primary point of contact and online marketing strategist for 30-40 clients. The right candidate considers themselves to be a digital marketing guru, is comfortable working directly with clients, and has the ability to plan and execute multi-channel marketing strategies backed by a solid understanding of brand management, search engine optimization, and paid advertising.
About Us: The Modern Firm, LLC is a branding, website design and digital marketing agency for solo and small firm attorneys throughout the US. In business for 20 years, we have worked with 1200+ law firms in nearly every state (still holding out for Hawaii and Rhode Island) and have a dedicated and creative team of 12 remote employees and another 10+ regular contractors. We’re headquartered out of Ann Arbor, Michigan but our team, while mostly in the midwest, is from coast (NC) to coast (WA) to coast (FL) with many states in between.
We are not a churn and burn agency. Our team members have been with us ranging from 3-12 years. You can learn more about all of us (and our pets) here
. We have a culture of accountability and self direction. Do your work, do it well, take care of yourself, look out for the team and our clients. Invest in us, and we will invest in you.
About Our Clients: We work exclusively with small law firms throughout the United States. The majority of our clients are solo to five-attorney firms. We go to great lengths to screen new clients and ensure that their needs and expectations are an overall good fit for our services and approach. Most of our clients are successful and established, and are looking for a website to validate, enhance and further grow their practice. They are also typically overwhelmed with both being a lawyer and running a law firm. This is where we come in.
When we are at our best, we are essentially serving as their outsourced web and online marketing department, taking nearly everything related to their online presence off of their plate and on to ours. When we’re successful, we are helping our clients get more fulfillment out of running their practice and enabling them to help more people and do more of what they love.
We work very hard to screen clients to ensure that they are a right fit for what we can provide as this leads to positive, long-term relationships.
About our Marketing Clients: A growing number of our clients are finding great success with online marketing. The subset of clients who utilize our marketing services are more business and performance oriented. They are usually delivering consumer oriented services to their local area. They do things like divorce, family law, estate planning, bankruptcy, criminal law and immigration. We also have some personal injury clients, but we are very selective about working with them due to the unique demands of that practice area.
About The Role: We offer marketing services in several categories including local organic search, reputation and review management, search engine optimization, content writing and paid advertising. As a Marketing Account Manager, you will be responsible for the success of up to 40 websites belonging to clients who have subscribed to these various services. We are really looking for a proactive and long-term partner for our clients who can effectively align online marketing efforts with their firm goals. In this role you will be expected to maintain long-standing relationships with your clients through continuous nurturing and consistent results. In short, the websites you manage are your babies, help them thrive!
In coordination with our team, you will implement data-driven strategies, make modifications and improvements directly on client sites, test and track new ideas, monitor site performance, compile quarterly reports, analyze data and develop strategic marketing plans for each account. You’ll touch base with clients periodically by phone, Zoom and email to discuss results and brainstorm on new ideas.
Discrete tasks that you’ll do as part of this job include:
- Keyword research and competitor analysis
- Auditing websites for technical SEO issues
- Curate marketing roadmaps for new clients
- Create and analyze quarterly performance reports
- Find opportunities and develop strategic marketing plans
- Monitor rankings and implement changes as needed
- Respond to client questions, concerns and ideas in a timely and professional manner
- Collaborate with team members to achieve marketing goals and objectives
- Provide feedback to the team on challenges you are facing, to improve overall client experience and internal processes
In a typical day you’ll likely jump between several clients and do things like:
- Respond to several client emails
- Audit a new client website
- Analyze results of a marketing campaign
- Working with content specialist to generate blog topics
- Call a client to do a quarterly review
- Update 2-3 websites with client requests
- Implementing updates and fixes for technical SEO issues
Over the course of a month, the typical work on a single website may look like:
- Research competitors and modify keywords on site
- Encourage client to solicit a few new client reviews
- A/B test the placement of a contact form
- Have a review call with client
- Create a proposal for a new marketing campaign
- Develop a strategic plan for new site content
- Coordinate with our paid advertising specialist to try a new idea
Much of the work on our client sites is proactive and self-directed. We want our clients to know that we’re on top of things, thinking about their needs and regularly strategizing on ways to improve.
- Dedicated content writers with exceptional legal knowledge
- Content marketing specialist that plans and executes optimization for all blog content
- Marketing coordinator who assists with onboarding, project management and support
- Paid advertising specialist who completes most day-to-day work of paid campaigns (PPC, remarketing, social ads, etc.)
- Web design team who provide coding and graphic assistance
- Marketing director who focuses on department development, training and growth.
Your Qualifications: We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running and start to quickly use their own experience and expertise to elevate our client experience.
- Experience as an Marketing Account Manager or related position
- Well-rounded knowledge about search engine marketing and social media marketing
- Has used online marketing softwares such as SEMRush, Moz, or Ahrefs
- Familiar with WordPress and/or other web design platforms
- Comfortable and confident in a client-facing role
- Can communicate clearly and professionally through email and phone calls
- Ability to structure and document internal processes and procedures
- Loves to plan and research new tactics to share with our team
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Communications, Information Systems, Business, Statistics or Related
- Experience marketing for lawyers and legal services
Pay, Benefits and Details:
- $65,000 yearly starting salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance (we cover 70%)
- Performance bonuses
- 100% remote but must have significant overlap with 9am-5pm EST workday. Can also work at our HQ in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with 2% match
- Unlimited PTO
- Full-staff available to assist with miscellaneous tasks
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com
. We look forward to meeting you!