CLIENT EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
The Citizenry’s home décor collections celebrate the best craftsmanship from around the world for customers to purchase directly online. As an e-commerce company, we need the right individuals to help delight our customers at a moment’s notice and happily lend a hand if anything goes awry by phone or email.
Each customer requires VIP treatment so our team is built to provide approachable style advice, product clarification, personal shipping assistance, and a listening ear for any other questions or issues. Each day you will get the chance to chat with, surprise, and vouch for the people without whom The Citizenry would not exist.
You’ll have the opportunity to be an early employee at a fast-paced, growing company to build out the future of client experience. We’re looking for candidates based in Dallas to join our team, but will consider remote options upon review.
· Be the front line responding to customer inquiries by phone and email. You’re a stickler for timely follow-ups and make sure all pending inquiries are resolved by EOD.
· Work with Client Experience Team Lead to handle particularly tricky customer interactions.
· Work with Fulfillment Manager and team to manage orders, customer ship dates, returns, and
· inventory. Proactively notify customers of any updates.
· Become an expert on our products and artisan partners (including staying up-to-date on new product
· and collection launches) to be the go-to resource for our curious clientele.
· Always seek to improve the customer experience by researching best-in-class customer experience
· programs and providing ongoing inspiration.
· Proactively develop surprise and delight tactics that will push the brand forward and build customer
· Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
· Minimum 2-5 years professional experience or be willing to start in a paid internship capacity right out of school (SAT or GPA required)
· Bachelor’s degree required. Backgrounds in english, communications, public relations, or marketing/ advertising preferred
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with clients in retail or customer service for another e-commerce company
· Solutions-oriented, thoughtful and diligent - bonus points for a sense of humor
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and self-manage against tight timelines
· Salesforce Desk and Shopify experience a plus (or other CRM platform).
· Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
· Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
For remote only — Must have technical equipment and quiet, professional environment for phone support
BONUS: In Dallas or willing to consider relocation
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to ASSISTANT@THE-CITIZENRY.COM including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Client Experience Associate - [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
· What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team, and what previous experiences will you draw from? (7 sentences or less).
· What brand creates your favorite store experience & why?
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY
The Citizenry is a home decor brand that is reinventing the way consumers shop for their homes. We source modern designs rich in quality and meaning from master artisans around the globe. We seek to inspire our customers with the stories of the people who make our products and have built a brand that represents superior craftsmanship, transparency, and social responsibility.
Frustrated by the mass-produced options offered at traditional retailers, The Citizenry set out to transform the home goods sector by shining a light on the artisans behind the products. We believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so paying fair wages and investing in our artisan workshops and communities are integral parts of our model. Since The Citizenry launched in 2015, we have been empowering economic uplift through consistent ordering strategies and by partnering with cooperatives and companies that share our commitment to Fair Trade principles.
By selling directly to consumers online, we eliminate unnecessary mark-ups, enabling us to offer handcrafted, luxury home goods at more affordable prices. Our goal is to be the home decor brand for the conscious customer.
In 2021, The Citizenry was recognized as one of Fast Company’s 10 most innovative retailers.
Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
· Three weeks per year flexible vacation time
· Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. We challenge each other to think more creatively, act more deliberately, and in general, be better global citizens. We work together for the greater good, considering customers, employees, partners, and the environment in every decision we make. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video or phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to create something beautiful.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.