- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
- €46k - €58k (gross compensation incl. bonus), stock options
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
- You can work wherever you want – we work remotely
The role in context
We are looking for a Senior System (Tech Ops) Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will develop and own best-practice methodologies for provisioning, configuration management, and monitoring of our distributed systems. Your primary goal is to make sure these systems run reliably in a secure cloud environment.
As our company is experiencing high growth, you’ll also be responsible for the scalability of our cloud infrastructure and performing robust capacity planning.
Furthermore, you will own and automate IT-related tasks including granting/revoking access for on/offboarding team members, securely configuring and maintaining our tools, keeping the IT asset inventory up to date. You will also collaborate to comply with security and privacy standards such as SOC II, ISO 27001, and GDPR.
You’ll Spend Time On The Following
- You will design, deploy, and continuously improve our cloud infrastructure with a focus on reliability, scalability, and security.
- You will provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement.
- You will perform incident management duties to investigate and follow up on incidents and deliver structural fixes.
- You will raise the standard of our engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- You will provide organization-wide IT support.
- You will guide other teams and departments in implementing security standards across the company and conduct risk management activities.
- You will help implement compliance policies and procedures including security patch management for our complete IT assets inventory and our business continuity plan (e.g., backups, disaster recovery).
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership.
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- You have at least 7 years of experience in system engineering, DevOps, SRE, or similar positions.
- You have a deep understanding of deployment and monitoring strategies for reliable, highly scalable, and robust cloud infrastructure.
- You are an expert on cloud technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- You have strong knowledge of automation and infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Powershell, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- You have experience working with complex CI/CD pipelines for production releases in a microservices-based architecture.
- You are an organized self-starter with an ability to follow through on tasks under minimal supervision.
- You are comfortable in an ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change.
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
Bonus points if ...
- you have experience in a SaaS company
- you have knowledge of SQL, data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing
Joining TestGorilla means you’re joining a group of people who are committed to a set of values that guide our behaviors and decisions day to day:
- We encourage each other: We bring a positive attitude to work. We help each other when stuck. We challenge each other in constructive ways. We celebrate wins as a team.
- We are bold: We’re bold in our ambition and dare to create new things. We know what we’re capable of and learn from our mistakes.
- We take full ownership of our work: We own the outcome of our work and do whatever necessary to improve it--including soliciting feedback and asking for help when we get stuck.
- We strive for excellence: We hold ourselves to high standards and work hard to increase our competencies.
- We do the right thing: We’re straight shooters and take our work seriously. We treat each other, our customers, and our collaborators with respect and empathy.
- We respect our (work-style) differences: We all have different ways of living and working. We all find our own point of balance, respect our differences, and accommodate each other’s style and preferences.