- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
- €46k - €58k (gross compensation incl. bonus), stock options
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
- You can work wherever you want – We work remotely!
The role in context
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you’ll build and deliver backend solutions such as APIs, integrations, and architecture components to enable the rapid growth of all our products.
You’ll own the design, code, and deployment of solutions and make sure they perform and scale in production.
You’ll Spend Time On The Following
- Create highly scalable and reliable microservices architectures
- Lead the entire software development and delivery cycle from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Apply modern backend technologies, including but not limited to Python, Django, Redis, and AWS
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia.
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- You have at least 7 years of experience in software development & delivery
- You can efficiently write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with functional and Object-Oriented programming languages
- You have experience building distributed and highly scalable systems including REST APIs and event-driven architectures
- You have strong knowledge about data storage design using relational and NoSQL databases
- You understand the importance of reliable monitoring, deployment strategies, and a highly scalable and robust cloud infrastructure
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
Bonus points if ...
- you have experience in a SaaS product based company
- you are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
- you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
Joining TestGorilla means you’re joining a group of people who are committed to a set of values that guide our behaviors and decisions day to day:
- We encourage each other: We bring a positive attitude to work. We help each other when stuck. We challenge each other in constructive ways. We celebrate wins as a team.
- We are bold: We’re bold in our ambition and dare to create new things. We know what we’re capable of and learn from our mistakes.
- We take full ownership of our work: We own the outcome of our work and do whatever necessary to improve it--including soliciting feedback and asking for help when we get stuck.
- We strive for excellence: We hold ourselves to high standards and work hard to increase our competencies.
- We do the right thing: We’re straight shooters and take our work seriously. We treat each other, our customers, and our collaborators with respect and empathy.
- We respect our (work-style) differences: We all have different ways of living and working. We all find our own point of balance, respect our differences, and accommodate each other’s style and preferences.
Interested? Please reach out to Nicolás J. García
). As part of our selection process, we ask you to take a TestGorilla assessment. A great way to get to know each other! Please choose your assessment (you have to do just one), depending on what coding language your most familiar with:
- Python (this is the default assessment, also behind the red button "Apply for this position")