Junior Rails developer for our Technical Support team
Headquarters: Fully Remote, US
On the Technical Success Team you will
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Our technical success specialists need to be fast learners and get up to speed quickly on our product and integrations.
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Face debugging issues not only within our own codebase but also with the many technologies employed by our customers.
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product development teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Interact with the developers to help identify root causes to bugs and exceptions reported by customers or by our application.
- 1+ years in technical help desk role
- Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot errors in Ruby and PHP applications
- Experience supporting open source carts like WooCommerce and Magento.
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a remote team
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Help monitor and support 24/7 applications and services
- Approaches success from the customer’s point of view
- Enjoys teaching
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
Apply for this position
Got what it takes? Apply here: https://taxjar.workable.com/jobs/652935/candidates/new Treat this as a first interview. Fair warning: we get lots of resumes. You have to stand out in order to advance to the next phase in our hiring process.