Full-TimeBusiness & ManagementUS Applicants only
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 90+ people is growing fast. Our team has an immediate full-time opening for an enthusiastic and experienced Recruiter who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Recruiter at TaxJar you will:
- Collaborate with hiring managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs.
- Attract candidates using various sources, such as social media networks and other creative ways to attract new talent!
- Ideally hold an academic HR background combined with work experience in screening, interviewing and assessing candidates.
You will join our Employee Experience team. Your role will be to help shape the future of TaxJar by working with our Lead Recruiter to assist within the full-lifecycle recruiting process. You will be responsible for attracting top talent, evaluating resumes, scheduling interviews, and conducting interviews.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards/newspapers/colleges etc
- Source and recruit candidates by utilizing databases, social media etc
- Screen candidates’ resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates
- Apply and monitor HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well-documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- 3 + years with proven work experience as a Recruiter (either in-house or an agency)
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews with technical roles including software developers, product managers, QA Engineers, etc.
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS). We currently use Workable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.