(no recruiters/agencies please)
We want TalkJS to be the default tool for developers to build chat features. To accomplish that vision, we need to make TalkJS deliciously customizable and still fantastic out of the box.
We're looking to extend the team with someone who has broad front- and backend experience. Stack includes React/TypeScript/Elixir but it's OK if you're not experienced with all of those precisely. Our humble goal is to ship a product that's super simple to install, fantastic to use immediately, and infinitely customizable. Simple and customizable seem deeply at odds with each other, but we think we can pull it off. If you're up for the challenge of marrying the two, then this is for you.
We offer tremendous freedom and responsibility + work in a remarkably decent codebase (for a startup :D). At TalkJS we like to think that we're good at striking a balance between meticulous code and shipping quickly. If that sounds like your kind of environment, then this is for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- has broad technical interests
- likes to design great APIs for other programmers
- has demonstrable experience writing single-page webapplications
- has demonstrable experience writing backends
- knows at least 3 programming languages well
- likes to work together with the team to make our product better across the board
Bonus points if you know Elixir.
Apply by emailing to email@example.com. If you can, show us an app your built (or helped build) and an API you designed (on any platform).