We are hiring a QA analyst to help us make our product Awesome Table
even more awesome by making sure that it works as users expect it.
Our applications consist of multiple artifacts: Google Workspace add-ons, traditional web apps, marketing websites. Add-ons in particular live inside Google products, and as such represent an interesting challenge for a tester.Your responsibilities:
- Design test plans and test cases for new and existing features. Try to break our product in every possible way so that we can make it bulletproof
- Execute manual test cases
- Ensure the product meets user acceptance criteria
- Plan and coordinate testing activities around releases
- Incorporate tests into the software engineering process (Jira, build, release)
- Identify, report and track products defects
- Help in root cause analysis for products issues
- You have a passion for quality assurance and strong attention to details, you don’t let things slip through the cracks easily
- You think adversarially, and like to try to break things: the first thing you’ll try when you see a form is inserting special characters or an SQL injection
- You are relentless, and not afraid of repeating the same tests many times
- You embrace the Modern Testing principles
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 2+ years as a QA analyst preferably on SaaS products. Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Project tracking tools: proficiency with spreadsheets, Github, Jira and other typical software engineering tools
- Language: fluent English
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- Good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 30 days of paid time off including national holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (depending on the type of contract)
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why our products are interesting to you
- Tell us about an interesting/challenging test case you had to build
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
Working with us requires a lot of writing/communicating, so please use your application to show off those skills.
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
- We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test.
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a Lead QA Engineer
- Finally, an interview with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!