Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Do you like having the time and freedom to explore a problem and its potential solutions? Want to be part of a company where your ideas can be easily and openly discussed? How about being able to have a high impact on a product with millions of users? You’ve knocked at the right door.
Our product Form Publisher
enables users to generate documents directly from Google Form submissions or data in Google Sheets, send them for approval, and track. It is used, loved and highly rated by millions of users
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of core parts of the product. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level and to teach us something we don’t know.
Our product values are: simplicity, empowerment, and getting out of the way.
- Taking full responsibility for big projects and core parts of the product from a software engineering perspective
- Writing technical specifications for and developing new large features
- Contributing to product specification by evaluating the technical difficulty of a project
- Proactively proposing architecture, performance, and infrastructure improvements
- Owning the release process, improving the software engineering life cycle (build, CI/CD)
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- Helping junior developers to grow
Some examples of projects that you could work on:
- Creating a robust message queue for our file generation business logic
- Making our data model evolve to be more flexible and scalable, and make the right database choice for the next stage of our growth
- Developing a webhooks API and integrating fully with Zapier
- Developing integrations with other form engines such as Jotforms and Typeform
- Improving performance across the board
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature
- Fully capable of building, owning and running entire systems (new add-on, new billing system, new api)
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments, with a particular focus on the back-end
- You can provide material feedback on the work of junior programmers
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 6+ years as a professional programmer on products, preferably SaaS products with many users.
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Programming languages: you have experience in at least one back-end programming language (Java is a plus). Some experience and understanding of front-end technologies is required.
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with git and Jira, you’re familiar with build tools, benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Language: excellent in English, both written and oral
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- The range for this role is EUR 70k-110k, depending on experience and type of contract
- 30 days of paid time off including national holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (depending on the type of contract)
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building our products
- Tell us about something you’ve built that you’re proud of, show us some code if possible
- Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
- Please ask the questions you have
We value great writers, so please use your application to show off those skills (stock cover letters won’t do)
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
- We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a Senior Engineer
- Finally, an interview with the CTO
We can’t wait to hear from you!