Synergy Sports, a division of Sportradar, is dedicated to delivering revolutionary sports and technology solutions for the benefit of sports and the entertainment of fans.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with the flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job. Being a remote-friendly company also means we are free to hire the very best talent, regardless of where they are. At Synergy Sports you will work with the most talented people in every field.
We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well-being of our team and their loved ones.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software QA Engineer (SDET) to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts in the exciting field of sports technology.
Note: This is a fully remote job
Team Objectives & Responsibilities
· Test rich user interfaces and experiences across multiple technologies in web, desktop (Windows/macOS), and/or mobile (iOS/iPhone/Android) applications, such as visualizations, statistical reports, and video-supported UX features.
· Test for performance, reliability, and scaling of current systems to support new sports and new features.
· Create, maintain, and evolve test plans and test documentation.
· Craft automation for highest impact with priority in mind, such as alleviating manual toil in regression testing or validating data consistency, as examples.
· Help perform code reviews while assisting developers to understand best practices in the test; help secure code quality by bringing software test and test-related knowledge to teams since code quality remains the responsibility of each developer.
· Assist in testing internal and external APIs to support both data and video high-volume databases.
· Experience delivering test solutions for C# (with preference to .NET Core).
· Excellent knowledge of software performance evaluation and change management principles.
· Familiarity with 2 to 3 of the following:
- WPF/Desktop application testing
- Angular/Web testing
- API development and test
- High-volume databases - i.e. MongoDB
- Mobile application testing.
· Familiarity with debugging tools and performance testing.
· Test case management, using TestRail or similar.
· Jira/Confluence proficiency.
· Proactive communication and excellent independent time management skills.
· Strong aptitude for processing detail, consistent prioritization capability, and drive to achieve outcomes at expected standards.
· Proven solution-oriented mindset with a passion for learning and improving, helping your products and your team achieve business goals whether by process, outcome, or sharing knowledge.
· Competencies and experience with:
· Previous experience leading a team or building test engineering solutions from the ground up.
· A strong interest in sports/passion and knowledge about team sports and stats.
· Experience working in a remote environment.
· Familiarity with localization and translation processes in software.
· Never stop advocating the user experience.