Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
At Syncro, we are a highly creative and collaborative team crafting software applications to help small businesses be successful. Our software provides a platform for IT Professionals and Managed Service Providers to do job tracking and ticketing, SLA Management, invoicing, and integrations with tons of online tools. We are a different kind of startup — we know that making the lives of our customers easier and more fun is the way to build great long-term relationships while having fun creating and inventing along the way. We value people, creativity, trust, and diversity which inspires success and happiness in the lives of our employees and customers.
Syncro is a people-first company with both the internal team and clients. Externally, our software is built with an extreme level of interactivity with the user community. Internally, team development is prioritized through cross-training, career growth, internal promotions, and prioritization of team members’ growth over all else.
Senior Product Designer Highlights:
We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer who is proactive and unafraid to challenge our design process. Someone who is always driving towards finding simple, easy-to-use, intuitive, and elegant solutions for complex designs. You’ll help define the overall user experience end-to-end, from researching to designing the interactions that bring our product UIs to life.
On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design feedback sessions, mentor UI developers through challenges, capture user journeys, and make strategic decisions with your product management and engineering peers. You’ll also help shape the Product Design culture founded on passion, support, and fun.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create iterative design documentation, including user journey flows, wireframes, visual designs, detailed behaviors, and design implementation specifications.
- Use user research data (from usability studies, surveys, interviews, etc.) and usage metrics to inform design choices.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers iteratively to design, refine, and validate your UX solutions.
- Help us to define a proven approach to discovering and mapping user needs, experiences, and customer journeys.
- Maintain an extremely high bar for usability, quality, and consistency through applying best practice design UCD principles.
- Engage in collaboration with your peers, whether in design feedback sessions or in ensuring that you’re all in alignment with larger product goals and initiatives.
- Be a big picture thinker – connect the dots as part of a more extensive system, work with other contributors to ensure you are all in alignment about overall goals and priorities.
- Ensure consistency and clarity by documenting work, including the processes and methods behind solutions (the why’s and how’s), and ensuring the story behind your work is always strong.
- Accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows both within product design and within wider cross-functional product teams.
- Sweat the small stuff – understand that the little details are what make people love a product.
- Be a team player – humble, hardworking, egoless, and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help others be successful.
- Contribute to and positively shape the organization’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
What we're looking for:
- You will have 5-8+ years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive web and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your processes and deliverables. We are interested in learning how you approach problems and think through them.
- You have experience developing/consuming component-based design systems.
- You have expertise in Figma and other relevant UX/UI design software tools.
- Demonstrated experience designing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and Design.
- A strong focus on usability and efficiency with a drive to simplify complex problems.
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics and a user-centered approach to designing software for people.
- Deep understanding of best practice interaction design principles and familiar with accessibility standards.
- Proven ability to maintain attention to detail across project deliverables; management of version control issues.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships -- with your team, your manager, and various cross-functional team members.
- A confident design leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-organizational team player who can thrive in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous working environment.
- You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback and lean into challenges with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand.
- You possess a deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your product team.
- You care -- which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer or a fellow colleague
- You're a cooperative and creative problem-solver.
- You are located in, and authorized to work in, the US or Canada
What you can expect of us:
- We are the PIONEERS of “work from home” - remote work is all we have ever done and we do it well! Our team members are all over the globe working from home and striking an awesome balance in their lives!
- Equality and Inclusion aren’t just posters on the wall, but deeply ingrained in how we think, behave, and interact with each other.
- Looking to grow? We have designed career paths to help our team members understand where they are growing and how to get there.
- We are focused on personal and professional growth and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing
- Care for one another is a big part of Syncro-Life. We’ll give you opportunities to nurture your curiosity and give back to one another and your communities.
- Our Healthcare insurance is amazing! Our deductibles and out-of-pocket costs are extremely low, so you can spend less on superior coverage for you AND your family.
- Save for your future with our modern and hassle-free 401(k) program
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.