Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
At Syncro, we are a highly creative and collaborative team crafting software applications to help small businesses be successful. Our software provides a platform for IT Professionals and Managed Service Providers to do job tracking and ticketing, SLA Management, invoicing, and integrations with tons of online tools. We are a different kind of startup — we know that making the lives of our customers easier and more fun is the way to build great long-term relationships while having fun creating and inventing along the way. We value people, creativity, trust, and diversity which inspires success and happiness in the lives of our employees and customers.
Syncro is a people-first company with both the internal team and clients. Externally, our software is built with an extreme level of interactivity with the user community. Internally, team development is prioritized through cross training, career growth, internal promotions, and prioritization of team members' growth over all else.
The Opportunity: The Principal Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications. This includes developing new components and features, shared libraries, and APIs. This role has some leadership-like characteristics, with duties including: leading projects, mentoring other team members, proposing architectural solutions, and exploring new technologies, frameworks and standards for possible team adoption. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and working remotely.
The more of the following questions you can answer with Yes, higher is the likelihood about you being a great fit with our team:
- Are you a player-coach who can lead and get your hands dirty?
- Do you really (we mean really) care to help others grow?
- Are you hungry enough to continue to grow?
- Do you enjoy working on a product that makes other people more efficient and happy?
- Are you ambitious and yet compassionate?
- React, React Native
- Ruby on Rails, .Net, Phoenix/Elixr
- PostgreSQL Database
- Heroku, Kubernates
- AWS, GCP
- We move ship daily and use Scrum. Our team of engineers with have a global, remote presence in diverse locations - US, Canada, Eastern Europe and Asia
What You'll Be Doing:
- Evaluate long term direction and recommend solutions to scale with our rapid growth
- Collaborate with team members on key architecture decisions
- Develop high-quality, working code features and bug fixes
- Regularly collaborate with other developers, product managers, and designers to complete projects
- Participate in regular code reviews, often in a mentorship role with other engineers
- Create and refine best practices, coding standards, and documentation, and takes the opportunity to share knowledge across the team
- Make recommendations to refine and improve our engineering practices
- Help us grow the team by being a core part of hiring process
Who You Are
- You understand that working in a highly collaborative environment is critical to producing high quality software. You can see the big picture and dive to the details, willing to learn new tricks from your peers and colleagues. You are open to feedback and willing to give it too.
- Have high level of success and proficiency working with Ruby on Rails in a scaled production environment
- Extensive experience creating high quality software in a team environment
- Extensive experience designing complex systems and building products using microservice architecture
- Comfortable working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work cross functionally
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detail-oriented, professional and positive work attitude
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Experience leading many projects from start to finish
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and/or writing and maintaining high level test coverage, including both unit and integration tests
- You are located in, and authorized to work in, the US or Canada
Technical and Skills Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience designing, building, and operating scalable applications using Ruby on Rails, Database
- 5-8+ years of overall software development experience in modern stack
- Work experience in a SaaS and Scrum environment
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
What you can expect from us:
- We are the PIONEERS of “work from home” - remote work is all we have ever done and we do it well! Our team members are all over the globe working from home and striking an awesome balance in their lives!
- Equality and Inclusion aren’t just posters on the wall, but deeply ingrained in how we think, behave, and interact.
- Looking to grow? We have designed career paths to help our teams understand where they are growing and how to get there.
- We are focused on personal and professional growth and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing
- Care for one another is a big part of Syncro-Life. We’ll give you opportunities to nurture your curiosity and give back to one another and your communities.
- Our Healthcare insurance is great! Low deductible and very low out of pocket costs.
- Save for your future with our modern and hassle-free 401(k) program
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.