Switch Themes design and build premium Shopify themes that are sold exclusively on the Shopify theme store. We currently have 5 themes on the theme store - with our most recent theme Shapes launching this year.
We’re looking for our first marketing hire, to take full ownership in what will be a new area of focus for Switch.
- Develop a content strategy for current and future customers through competitor and audience research
- Build our brand identity and online presence
- Identify marketing channels and opportunities that will increase our global reach
- Primarily focus on written content (outsourcing for other types of content creation where applicable, we are also advertising for a Educational Video Producer position)
- Create customer focused content (e.g. case studies, interviews), product focused content (e.g. feature launches, tutorials) and educational content (e.g. guides, blog posts)
- Collaborate with the product and support teams to identify meaningful and relevant content to produce
- Research and identify ideas for content both internally (current customers etc) or externally (industry etc.)
- Use data to measure content performance and deliver content reports
- You are self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written communication skills with substantial copywriting / storytelling experience
- Previous experience in Marketing / Communications
- You are a “jack of all trades” person and whilst writing is your forte you are happy to break out of your comfort zone and learn new things
- You have a strong understanding of distribution channels for content
- You want to roll the sleeves up to get work done - this isn’t just a strategy role, you will need to produce the content (when applicable you can also organise external help to assist with content creation)
- You like the idea of working from home and not having anyone bother you all day whilst you do deep work.
- You have an experimental mindset and are keen to come up with new and different ways to product content
- You are excited about the prospect of having full ownership of a marketing department for a small business
- Are data-driven and have an understanding of content performance metrics
- You have experience with eCommerce and the Shopify platform (desirable)
Working at Switch
This is a 4 day per week role. Salary or hourly contract rate will be based on A$95,000+ per annum (pro-rata to $76,000 for 4 days).
We are a fully remote team spread out across Melbourne, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Ireland, Jamaica & Canada. Don’t worry, we aren’t that big - we have just one team member in each of those locations!
Your working hours are flexible. The 30 hours a week (based on 4 days a week) can be broken up however you like. Do you prefer working at 5am in the morning? No worries. Want to schedule your day so you can have an afternoon nap? Go for it.