Design is core to SuperRare's mission of reinventing the art market for the digital age. Sometimes described as "Christie's meets Instagram," our brand sits at the intersection of art, social media, virtual reality, and web3 technology.
The Design Director is a crucial strategic role that will shape the overarching creative direction and brand vision for SuperRare, ranging from the core product experience to the peripheral communication and marketing initiatives.
In our view we are uniquely positioned to shape the visual language of how digital art is collected, appreciated, and interacted with in the future.
What you'll do
- Lead design at SuperRare and help build a world-class design and product organization
- Form and implement design systems, strategies and guidelines for SuperRare's core products and overall brand
- Oversee product design, working with product and engineering to form and execute our roadmap
- Assist in building a data-driven design organization including user interviews, research, testing and data gathering
- Peer-review work of product designers and content to be published by marketing and editorial staff
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of user and business needs, creative approaches to problem-solving, and a mastery of visual design
- Experience with UX research & gathering user feedback
- Desire to own the high level brand and visual design but also be hands-on with product designs when appropriate
- Ability to tell effective stories through design
- Passionate about art & culture
- 5+ years experience in brand creative direction—both agency and in-house preferred
- 2+ years experience in web/mobile product design, particularly in the areas of social commerce & media
If this describes you, we'd love to hear from you!